...was too short!!!
I absolutely love going to Thatcher, ever since I was a kid it has been my favorite place. As I get older I still love it but it's different. When we were kids there was never any worries, we always had SO much FUN!! We have so many fun memories of being there, going to the ranch, riding 4 wheelers, eating grams' yummy food, baseball, hide and seek, buggin' the cows, riding in the back of grandpa's truck, hawaiian ice, games, skunks, wearing grandpa's shirts to bed, swinging, pickin' pecans, begging my mom to walk to jon and trina's, visiting and bonding with my grandparents and cousins, learning how to get over fears, always feeling loved, an escape from the outside world, and ALWAYS begging my mom to stay longer, which usually came with some tears. You see the difference is of course being 28, married, pregnant, with 2 kids at home, we don't quite do the same things we used to. We still bond, we still laugh, play games, enjoying so much of each other's company, and sometimes we still cry when we have to leave.

Haylee was still sleeping, she was going to the singles ward.
Life has changed with time, my grandpa has been gone for many years and my grams' is getting older. It will never be the same as it use to but how we will always hold those memories in our hearts. I am SO grateful for my Stevens' side of the family. My sisters and cousins have always been my best friends. We have had our ups and downs over the years but nothing will ever take the place of that small little town in my heart and the memories I have with them.
I hope one day my mom and dad can move there so my kids can have the same experience's that I was able to. If not we will just have to keep buggin' Uncle Jon and Aunt Trina like we have all these years :)
This trip was fun just like the rest...
-Casa for lunch
-Gingerbread House
-Laughed and laughed
-Pictionary
-Aunt Trina's yummy homemade cookies
-Up and down the river
-Visiting
-Walking through Uncle Mark and Aunt Brenda's almost done home.
-And 6 sad faces and we pulled out of town.
Can't wait for Thanksgiving!
We sure missed the cousin's that couldn't make it.
Well it was almost an all girls trip, ha
(August 19th and 20th)
1 comment:
Oh, gotta love U.S., that picture is killing me. I hate missing out. See you at Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment