Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First day of PRESCHOOL!!!





(Miss Christi gave them these bags with their names on them, she isn't a fan of backpacks)






The boys were so excited to go to preschool yesterday and they did GREAT!!! The morning was a little slow. the boys kept asking me if it was time to go. Which I kind of knew would happen if I put them in the afternoon class. But the thought of me in Dec/Jan having a brand new baby and trying to get everyone out the door by 8:30 wasn't sounding too promising for me. Plus I can have lunch dates this way ;)



When we got to school we were the second ones there. Usually Miss Christi will just come out and get the kids but for the first day I walked them in. Hunter hung onto my side a little and asked if I could stay for 2 minutes. Porter has been ready for this day for awhile now. Ports ran right over to the toys and started playing. I took Hunter over to the table to do play doh. He then asked me again to stay for "2 more minutes" I agreed and stood there for like 2 seconds, gave him a kiss went to Porter and gave him a kiss and I was out the door. No tears from the boys and I held on until I walked to my car and then was grateful I had sunglasses on while walking pass all the parents. :)
here is Porter above playing with the toys and Hunter below doing his play doh. You can see the nerves in his face! When I picked them up once again I was the second one there. Miss Christi brought them out to my car and they were smiling ear to ear!!! They loved it and told me practically at the same time all about their day.
A few things they said...
Porter- "mom we were so good!"
Hunter- "mom I didn't cry"
Porter- "we helped clean up ALL the toys"
Hunter- "mom I helped clean too, but the boy in the red shirt didn't clean up anything. He didn't get any marshmallows or fruit snacks cause he didn't help."
Hunter- " we got marshmallows, scooby doo fruit snacks, and a sucker"
Porter-" mom the garbage can has a smile on his face if you throw the garbage in him but if you throw it on the ground he gets a frowny face." (you can see the blue garbage can in the pic above where Hunter is doing play doh)
Hunter- "mom I have to do my homework"
Porter- "mom we made a puppet apple and we got to color"

Miss Christi said they did great! They came home with a September newsletter and a snack calender, we have next tues/thurs. They also brought a cute apple puppet for the letter A.

This month they will be working on...
All about school, shapes & colors.
Letters A, B, C, D
Songs, crafts, nursery rhymes!
Colors purple and red.
rectangle for the shape.
I can't wait to see what they come home with tomorrow!!!
Anyone want to do lunch?! :)

No comments: