Friday, August 19, 2011

Time for an update...

(my latest pic of these boys, taken at the Hilton Pointe, on our staycation)

I feel like all I have been talking about on my blog is this pregnancy. Time for an update on the whole family...

Brandon- staying super busy with work, young men's, softball, and hunting. He has his big archery bull elk hunt in September, he is so excited! He is going up this Saturday with the boys for the day to scout a little. Next weekend he has a camp out overnight with the deacons. Plays softball on Thursday nights oh and subs on Tuesdays sometimes. Been super busy training a few new superintendents at work and has been working long hours. Like I said, super busy! He is so excited to have a little girl!!!

Shanna- staying busy with 2 little boys! Been feeling pretty good lately, felt sick this morning but the N/V has decreased a ton! Had scouts at my house yesterday, been off for the summer. It's nice to get back in the swing of things with those 'bears'! Have my schedule all set and ready to start flu shots. My first day is Sept 1, at Sam's Club. I am trying to work 2 days a week doing that. I also work for a home health agency which I really like. I have worked a couple days and love being back in the medical field. I am the intake RN for the east side. Which means I do the first full assessment on the patient. Followed by a lot of paperwork, which is nice cause I can do that part at home. My boss works really well with me and knows I'm pregnant. She knows I will only work part-time and the best thing is I can set my own schedule. I call the patient and tell them the time I will be coming. So I can do it in the evenings or when the boys are at preschool. It's great money and perfect for a stay at home mom. Although my heart still longs to work in the hospital setting. This is perfect for now, there is a time and a place for everything and right now my heart belongs in the home with my children. Between flu shots and home health I should stay busy working 2 days a week. I also will be watching my sis kids this fall one day a week. She is in the teaching program at ASU. So this is going to be a busy fall!!! I hope time goes by fast! I am going to visit my Grandma this weekend with my sister's and mom, it will be a nice break!! Can't wait :)

Porter- is the cutest best little boy! He is so easy, very obedient and usually listens to me on the first time. He is polite and uses his manners often. I always say, "i don't know what I would do without you Ports" :) he really is sweet. And so cute, I love his tan little skin and those 2 little dimples, you really could eat him up!!! He is so, so, so smart. He writes his name so well, and now can write Hunter's name and half the alphabet. (i will have to post some pics soon) He also has been learning the sounds of the letters. And not that I am bragging or anything ;) but he knows all he sounds of the letters!! He loves to paint, color, draw, do play doh and puzzles. He is obsessed with the game Memory and we play at least 3 times a day. I hardly beat him, he always remembers where the matches are. He is so excited to start preschool, Sept 6 is the big day. I know I will have a bad case of allergies that day, ugh. Porter is my sensitive child and it doesn't take much to discipline him. A little raise of the voice could cause the tears, he doesn't like to disappoint. He also loves electronics! My nieces have those DS's and he will sit forever and just play that thing. Brandon is not thrilled, he hates anything that has to do with Nintendo. (game systems) Thinks it is a waste of time. I was thinking of getting them a leapster or leap frog lap top for Christmas. Something that has learning involved. Porter has never been good at eating fruits and veggies, but I have just been very consistent with putting them on his plate. I am so proud of him and he will now eat whats in front of him. not all the time without complaining but he knows it will help him to "grow big and strong like daddy, huh mom" he is just a darling, pleasant little boy. Yes i might let you clone him :)


Hunter- is the cutest little funny guy ever. He has the funniest personality that keeps me laughing and {sometimes} crying all day long! :) He is hard sometimes and is very demanding of my attention. He sure loves his mom and thinks she can spend every minute of her time focused on him. He is so smart and very observant like his mom. He always knows where we are going even if he has only been there one time. It truly amazes me. He hears everything everyone says and always knows what is going on around him. He is my hard worker, always helping me clean or loves to be out in the yard with his dad or grandpa even if it's pulling weeds. He loves everything about hunting and outdoors like his dad and is always talking about elk and deer. He loves to be a cowboy and thinks he needs to wear his boots EVERYDAY!! It depends on his mood but sometimes I can talk him out of it. He is so excited for the new baby, him and Porter play 'baby' all the time. Hunter is always the baby and Porter is the caregiver, go figure! Hunter is my rough little guy and it's hard to discipline him cause he thinks he is tough. He also loves to color, paint and draw. He brings me pictures all the time. He can almost write his name and knows most of the letters in the alphabet. He is excited to start preschool but always asks if I am gonna come back. :) Hunter is such a good eater. He loves vegetables!!! I don't know another 3 year old that eats salad, asparagus and broccoli. He also loves fruit and usually will eat that first off his plate. I love that he eats so well, it makes my heart happy! Hunter is so cute and has the cutest raspy little voice! He makes our family complete and I don't know what we would ever do without him. He says the darnedest things...so funny!


Some more fun facts about the twins...

-Hunter says when he grows up he is going to be a fireman! Whoever he likes the most at the time gets to sit in the front of his firetruck with him. If you are on his bad side you get to sit in the back. I think Grandma is winning so far to sit in the front!

-Porter says when he grows up he is going to be a Police man!! Then he just tells people they can ride in his police car with him. He doesn't discriminate :)

-They got bunk beds and love them. The bottom is a full and the top is a twin, they both sleep on the bottom for now. Hunter says when he is 5 he gets to sleep on top.

-They both love to play catch, games, volleyball, forts & read with mom or dad.

-They LOVE FHE!!

Porter always says, "mom you are beautiful and you make yummy food" (cutest thing I have ever heard)

-Hunter wants to name the baby China, and Porter wants to name her Shanna. :)

-They both LOVE nursery and have made a good friend. His name is Crew, they ask me everyday to go play with him.

-Hunter takes his shoes off everywhere we go.

-They are already buggin' me to go to the park.

-They finished swim lessons with a bang, although I would never take my eye off them around the pool, they can pretty much swim! They have learned so much, they can both jump in and swim to the side. It was so worth the money for private swim lessons.

Porter loves to sing!

-They play and fight together all day long.


How grateful I am for my knowledge and faith of having an eternal family. Wish I could pause this stage in my boys' life. They are so funny and cute and I am getting so nervous for them to start school and have all these other influences. I love how innocent and pure they are and I know it won't last forever but sometimes I wish it could. They bring me so much joy and sometimes sorrow but I am so grateful for this journey. Life is good and I am eternally grateful for our blessings.

No comments: