Girls Trip
Provo, Utah
2010
My mom, sister Ash and I left Thursday morning. We took our time getting up to Utah and enjoyed the car ride with lot's of visiting & laughter. We checked into the hotel Thursday night and just went to bed. We slept in Friday morning had a nice breakfast and headed out for the day. We hit a few home decor stores and then met Chelsea in the Wilk at BYU. She was having lunch with a friend and we visited with them till she had to head for her next class. My brother picked us up and took us to lunch, Kneaders-it was the bomb! We ended back at BYU and met Chelsea at the bookstore. Ash and I bought a few things for the boys and then we headed to Haylee's first game. All I can say is that she is the bomb and we all really enjoyed watching her play. They beat Cal Poly that night and she played awesome. Saturday she had 2 games first BYU and second Nebraska. The BYU game was so exciting to watch. Haylee did amazing, probably one of the best games of her life. She wanted to win so bad. And well they did, but not really in the books. The score was 14 to 13- Bengals and she hit a ball in but the line judge called it out. We lost our momentum and the game was lost to the dang cougars. Everyone knew it was in, even rivals came up to us and stated it. So depressing and frustrating but you know, home court advantage! UGH! She had 23 kills that game and she played better than anyone on either team. I am so proud of her and have to admit I am a bit jealous. She is the BOMB!!! That night they played Nebraska who is ranked 2nd in the nation and we lost in three, but held our own. It was so fun to watch her play, I really probably get into her games way too much and am a bit nervous for when my kids play sports. (hopefully i will chill with age).
We did a lot of shopping and hanging out. It was so enjoyable and we just had the best time.
here she is against BYU. Um yes the blocker she was hitting against was only 6'5"
So glad the cousins were in town. Sure enjoyed visiting with them and also doing some shopping!(and by the way she is so pretty and photogenic)
Saturday the 4th was JT's birthday. He turned the big 25.
(okay he went to the BYU football game that night, hence the shirt)
Justin and his annoying i mean really cool friends!!!
happy birthday Justin!!!
The gang at Texas.


love my fam and miss them all. it was so much fun to be with them for the weekend!
I am so glad that I went on this trip, it was much needed. Besides the volleyball my fav thing was just going to eat and being able to visit. I really enjoyed sitting with my mom and sisters and just talking and laughing. This was such a memorable trip and we have so many funny stories and inside jokes. Can't wait for May... we are already planning our next girl trip.
I am so glad that I went on this trip, it was much needed. Besides the volleyball my fav thing was just going to eat and being able to visit. I really enjoyed sitting with my mom and sisters and just talking and laughing. This was such a memorable trip and we have so many funny stories and inside jokes. Can't wait for May... we are already planning our next girl trip. BC did good with the boys, although for some reason Ports decided he wasn't potty trained anymore. That has been fun. I will leave you with BC's words, "Shanna a mother's role is truly divine and I could never do it" ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment