Tonight we have the cousins over. During dinner all the kids ate most of their veggies, except Porter. We had chicken Alfredo with broccoli, peas, and carrots in the mix. I told the kids if they ate their veggies that we would pop popcorn and watch Toy Story. All the kids were excited and gobbled them up. Well little stubborn Porter would not take one bite, not one. So me being the mean mom that I am, told Ports he did not get popcorn. He fussed and cried and I did not give in. Maybe it's a little mean, but he even sat and watched all the other kids eat the popcorn. I have been having issues with him not eating any of his vegetables so I am trying to prove a point. Well he would not give in and either would I. By this point I had the whole kitchen cleaned up and just had one carrot on the end of a fork. As Ports is crying Hunter ran over to the table and ATE HIS CARROT FOR HIM! I was trying to stop him but he was determined to eat that last veggie for Porter! Then he proceeded to share his popcorn. As we were standing in the kitchen I had tears in my eyes and tried my hardest (in 2 year old terms) to explain to Ports what Hunter did for him. My boys have always stuck up for each other and they are definitely inseparable. How incredibly grateful I am that at their young age they TRULY feel Christlike love for each other. Hunter was so sweet and i know without a doubt that he wanted to take Porter's pain away. How grateful I am to have twins. It makes me happy to know that they will always, have each others back. I kind of hesitated at first to give Porter the popcorn but I felt it was right after I explained what Hunter did for him.
A story I want to remember.
1 comment:
That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! Your boys are adorable.
Post a Comment