I have the stomach flu...YUCK!!! I hate throwing up, who doesn't. It all started yesterday when I was about to start dinner, Elk Chile! Which honestly I have made a few times and we all like it. Well I had my meat defrosting and went to pull it out of the fridge...um ya skip that, so I thought, my stomach was turning just looking at it. So I decided to turn my pinto beans into refried and made some quick yummy enchilada sauce, spanish rice and albeit a fiesta. Well my stomach was not agreeing, and up all night I was tossing and turning and finally puked it all up this morning. UGH! I was grateful I threw up when I did cause it gave me enough energy to get my sweet boys some breakfast. Anyways the point of this post... I AM BLESSED! I have the best 2 little boys who are just so sweet and smart. They were able to function all on their own in those little {almost} 3 year old bodies! They went to the bathroom on their own, got their own snacks, water and clothes to get dressed. They also cleaned up the whole family room for me and their room. Such big helpers! Then on top of that they were so good to just play together while I was in and out of sleep all day. Then my dear husband came home to check up on us and bring some lunch. Then of course he cleaned the whole house for me, dishes, swept, mopped, laundry, vacuum, and bathed my sweet boys while I laid in bed watching American Idol! Thanks BC you are the bomb dot com. Also my sweet Visiting Teacher brought us dinner, homemade chicken noodle soup, rolls and yummy applesauce.
So as you can see there are some wonderful things that came out of today...
my boys can really function on their own, maybe its time for another baby... but then again I was sick for the first 20 weeks and today brought back those memories, not sure I am ready for that!
I got a super clean house out of it
AND
hopefully it will help me lose those stupid annoying 5 pounds I gained over the holidays!!!
and of course a few not so wonderful things about today...
the throwing up and peeing my pants in the process {dang prolapsed uterus}
the weakness and feeling of not ever wanting to move again
and lastly it was so hard not being able to kiss my boys fat little faces whenever I wanted. I am sure they enjoyed me not holding them and bugging them all day but it was hard for me. They are the.cutest.twin.boys.ever!

1 comment:
I love this picture Shanna! And Brooks and Benny wore the same Christmas PJs in red, you have great taste lady!
Post a Comment