Friday, February 5, 2010

Week of 2.1.10

Week of 2.1.10...
was rough! This week has been one of the hardest weeks since I have been in school. Yes I have many hard weeks but this one was really tough. First of all this little baby boy had a temp of 103 degrees Monday night.

I thought I was going to lose my mind. Besides just trying to get through the week with school and a hubby who is out of town, this just added to the stress. I get anxiety when my kids get sick. I just hate it. So I am freaking out, of course, trying to figure out b-sitting and all. My wonderful sis-in-law Steph watches the boys once a week. Well when I have a sick one I lose her because I would never take a sick kid around her little boy. My mom filled in for me, love her! She is ALWAYS there when I need her. I ended up taking Hunts to the doc. (thanks to my wonderful mom-in-law for meeting me there and always willing to help) They thought he had strep throat. ( I mean I know I am not a nurse or anything but a 2 year old can get strep!!!! Ya that is what I was thinking) The result was negative ( oh really doc). He just had a virus. Now I am keeping my fingers crossed that Lil' Ports won't get it. So far so good!
This semester is psychologically hard. We have to really get in touch with our emotions. I really don't like it. We have to write journals and papers on our emotions, blah, blah, blah! I have my clinicals at the Arizona State Hospital, HOLY COW!!!! It is crazy, literally. If you every want to know my crazy stories ask in person! It is really scary there and I never ever want to go back. Well, all my emotions are kinda just coming out. Sorry mom for having to listen to them all! Anyways it has been a tough week. I am so grateful for this experience, I have become a better person because of it. I am so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life. My mom is the BOMB and I have the best hubby in the world. Before he even knew how horrible my week was he sent me this text on Monday. Here it is word for word...
Just wanted to tell you how much I love you!
I'm so proud of all you accomplish, even with your husband gone during the week.
I miss you and can't wait to see you this weekend!
Wish you were next to me so I could kiss you.
Call me in the morning on your way to school so we can talk!
123! 123! 123!
What a great man. He is so wonderful and I feel so lucky to have him. Yes it isn't always easy as pie but lately it sure has been.
Thanks BC for getting me through the hard times. I wanted to quit this week, you are always there to give me a boost. Sure do love you Mr. BC!



***
Hope you all have a great weekend. I have been blogging more than normal... it is helping me get through these hectic days. Thanks to my few readers out there! {mom ;-) }

Back to reality!


.

5 comments:

Cara said...

I'm reading, oh Shanna, I feel for you woman. Tough times, it'll all be worth it. Why do kids get sick so much? Hang in there.

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

Love the post! what a sweet text! You are amazing! I am so proud of you and have know idea how your doing it. If you ever need a sitter I would LOVE to do it! I really miss seeing you guys, can we do a get tegether soon?!!?!?!

Matt and Megan said...

I am so feeling for you!! I have no idea how you do it!! Just watching Matt do it made me tired!! You are the WOMAN!! Hang in there!! Any extra energy I have I'm sending your way!! Oh by the way you are looking fabulous!!

Gina Moody said...

Those are the worst days! i felt like Ella would spike a fever before every big test or clinical day that i could not miss!! I can't believe how close to done you are!!!! Just remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and the paycheck that goes along with it!!!

Stefany Pew said...

I get MAJOR anxiety when Kylee gets sick too. I think it's just a Mom thing. If we didn't worry, it wouldn't be normal. You are my hero!!! I'm so proud of you for going to school while being a full-time Mother. I need to go back and finish!!!! One of these days I'll get my butt in gear and go back.