Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The wheels on the bus go round and round....

I decided for the first week of school that I wanted to take and pick up the boys. I wanted to make sure they felt comfortable with everything. Well they have been asking when they get to take the bus and yesterday was the first day ever that they got to ride on the yellow school bus.

 They LOVED it!

{so funny... hunter said "mom that's okay that it is just the small bus, when we get older we will get to ride the long bus right" haha he is seriously so observant, how does he know that!!}
 yes they ride the short bus, that is what the preschoolers ride on and lucky for them it has AC and lucky for me it has seat belts ;)
Here are the lil' guys...
Here they are waiting for the bus to arrive.


 Finally here!!!

"They get to sit in seat number 1 on the way there and seat number 5 on the way home." according to Porter.
I was nervous as the bus pulled up and saw that it was a man who was the aid helping them put their seat belts on and such. (yes I guess I was hoping for a girl aid, the actual bus driver is a woman at least)  All these thoughts were running through my head and it started to scare me. I watched and observed as everything was happening on the bus and then felt a little bit of peace come to me. They are not alone physically or spiritually and it made me feel calm. I am SO glad they have each other.

 I sat there and watched the bus till it turned the corner. A little teary eyed, no not me. (for once) Then I called Brandon to tell him the exciting news of the big well short yellow school bus arrival. The first thing he asked was did you cry, no not this time I told him. They were confident, brave, cute, ready and so happy as they climbed that yellow bus with backpacks almost the size of them. I was proud, very proud. They were happy and so I was happy.


2 comments:

Karyn said...

Shanna! They are SO cute. Man, they are growing up. I almost cried! ahahaha miss you!

Chelsea Coon said...

These pictures are so cute! They really do look like they are just lovin the bus!