We have been to Show Low many, many times for the big softball tourney during Memorial Day weekend. I used to love going and watching Brandon play ball while i visited with the wives. It was always so much fun, then we had kids and it all changed. Oh ya so fun chasing after kids all day while he gets to play ball, lucky me. it is just easier to stay home. He asks me every year and sometimes I give in and go and sometimes it's a big fat no. Well the week before the holiday i got the phone call, "so Shan some guys are going up to play softball for Memorial day weekend, I told them probably not but just thought I would talk to you about it" then me, "ya go you will have fun but there is no way I am going this year, trying to nurse a baby while I have two 4 year olds running around does not sound fun" Besides the fact that we just went on a vacation and I really didn't want to spend the money. He said he didn't want to go if we didn't all go but that he had a day off and wanted to do something. And he also stated he wasn't planning on playing softball and we could just spend time together as a family. So I gave in and we headed up the mountain on Friday.
The cabin was so nice and the boys had their own room with 2 twin beds and Brandon and i had the master. So there was another room sitting there and Brandon told me to call my mom and dad and have them come up for the weekend. They came Saturday morning and i am so glad they came. We get along really well with my mom and dad and they are more like friends. We do a lot with them and we always have a good time. Brandon and my dad are so much alike and you all know my mom and I are too. It works out well. We had so much fun playing cards and I can't even tell you how many times we played up and down. It was a lot of fun!
Here we are on the back porch playing games, man it was BEAUTIFUL!!
They had this bed out on the porch.
There was some napping going on.
Lot's of treats.
Lot's of lovin' on sweet Emmy.
Some yummy food all prepared by Mr. BC. he did all the cooking this weekend, such a nice break for me. He loves it and man he really is a good cook.
No comments:
Post a Comment