Sunday, January 29, 2012

my boys.

After having a baby you realize how your baby at home, or in my case babies, are so big. And in fact they aren't babies at all. We went to the zoo yesterday, we hadn't been out as a family since Emma joined us. It felt good to be with my little family and enjoy some fresh air. I stayed back quite a bit and was able to just watch my boys. Brandon was doing all the fun stuff with them and was doing most of the interacting while I was with Emma. (making sure no one came within 5 feet of her!) I don't know why but a moment while we were there it came to my mind that my boys aren't babies and it made me really sad. Of course they haven't technically been a baby for a few years but they were my babies. I noticed now that when I kiss or hug them they have lost all that baby chub and are these handsome, tall, little boys. I am just so proud of my them, they are good boys. Ya we have our fits and struggles but when I sat back and took a minute to look at the whole picture they are just good boys. They help me so much and usually will get what I need when I ask, they clean their own room, they get themselves dressed, they get their own snacks, they play in their room while i sleep in and I don't really have to worry, they take the garbage out, they empty the silverware from the dishwasher, they set the table, they can sweep and vacuum, they can draw better than me, they can write letters, they buckle themselves in their car seats, they get the mail for me, they are in preschool, they ask to have friends over, they can say the pledge of allegiance, they are sunbeams, and they are almost 4 years old. wow they really aren't babies are they. why do i struggle so much with the fact that my babies have to grow up.

I wish I could just pause this stage in our life. I love having almost 4 year olds and a fresh, sweet little sis.

how did i get so lucky...

1 comment:

Caryn said...

I can't wait to see her again. And way to be brave and go out! Your boys really have grown up fast!