Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My 300th post!!!

i can't believe that I have 300 posts on my blog... man i love this thing. what a great way to journal, right! i am about to put this into a book...can't wait.


so my peeps i need some advice...disneyland or not?!!

i am in the process of planning our family vacay this year. we already have plans to stay at a beautiful condo on newport beach the first week in may. we will be there for about a week and need something else to do than just sit on the beach. so my question to you disneyland or not? are my kids at a good age? what do you think? i obviously have not taken them and i am struggling to know if they are too young. especially with how expensive it is. and i am so afraid they will run off and i will lose them! they are 3 yrs old and 40" (hunts) & 41" (ports).

come on help me out i know a lot of you have already taken your kiddos, give me the goods...

Can't wait to add two little boys to this pic!! :)

8 comments:

Casey said...

I think you should wait until they are 4...you don't want them to miss out on anything. But I still think you'd have a great time if you went now.

Jen said...

I am struggling with the same thing, My kids 3 1/3 & 17 months. I am going to wait another yr or so until our 3rd is born and is over a yr.
I think the kids will be that much older and actually enjoy all Disneyland has to offer:)

Chelsea Coon said...

I LOVE Disneyland and I really wanted to take preston this year ( even though he'll only be 2 ) but I'm prego now and it wouldn't be worth the money if I can't do anything while I am there...so I keep saying "next year!" I really think they would have fun and ya they may not remember it that well and they are young but it would still be so fun and you can take them again in a few years! haha we aren't that far away. If I were you though I would go with more people so that you and brandon can take turns riding some of the bigger rides. Oh and P.S.- I didn't even know you guys had a dog haha! I've never seen or heard it!

Cluff Family said...

I think at 40 inches they can go on anything except Indiana Jones, so you don't have to worry about them not being able to go on things. If you do go I am sure you will love it and they will love it. We realized that with kids it is better to go at least for two days. The first day you spend introducing them to everything and the next day is filled with going on their favorite rides over and over. We are hoping to go next May and cannot wait! Eitherway I am sure you will love your trip! I am so jealous!!!

The Curry Family said...

I think at 3 they would have a great time, but to be honest, I think Sea World would be a much better time for them. I have a 5 and 3 year old, and I can't wait to take them to Disneyland, but it will probably be 2012 sometime before we do. However, we are hoping for a Sea World trip sometime this year :)

Sommer said...

I would until next year or in the fall... #1 it cost a lot of money to be waiting in line for over an hour for one ride during the summer when everyone & their dog is there (go in Sept. or Oct. when kids are in school and yours are not in school yet (Chan and I walked onto Space Mountain twice & Lacey and Steve never got off of it & rode it two times around last Oct., #2 you need at least 3 days to get the whole magical experience for the kids of rides, character autographs, parades...(Dland & Cal. Advent hopper passes)
Look into Knotts Berry Farm for the summer, its cheaper & probably less crowded.

Unknown said...

I would totally take them. I have taken the boys every month since November (yes I know I'm crazy) and crew has loved every second! He asks to go almost everyday and he was so good. There are tons of rides for them, even Matterhorn they can go on! So I vote to totally go! And it will prep u for that Disney cruise....someday!

Allison Johnson said...

We want to take the girls, but I just can't justify the cost with them still being so young. We did go to Knott's Berry Farm last summer though and Rae had so much fun. They have a huge Snoopy land for kids, and she was able to ride every ride in it (my mom and I spent the whole day riding different rides with her and didn't even get to ride all of the kiddie rides!). If there was one theme park that I would go to every year with little ones, it would definitely be Knott's!