Friday, August 21, 2009

18 months today.

My little love bugs are 18 months today. I just can't believe how time flies. They are so fun and are learning more and more everyday. I love them so much and couldn't imagine my life any other way.
***
We went to the doc today for their 18 month well visit. Doc said they are huge, healthy, and delicious. I will have to agree. Here are the newest STATS:
Porter
Height: 36 inches ( off the chart)
Weight: 29.6 lbs (75%)
Head: (off the chart)
Hunter
Height: 35 1/2 inches (off the chart)
Weight: 29.5 lbs (75%)
Head: (off the chart)
My boys are so big and I love it! I want them to be tall! I love that they are almost the same in all their measurements!
***
A few milestones & thoughts about my little baby boys!!!

PORTER

Ports is my peacemaker! He is the good little boy who everyone wants to be around. If the boys are fighting over a toy Porter will always give in. He is so kind and just loving. If Hunter is ever hurt he is so concerned. Also when Hunter is crying Ports tries to make him happy. He does have his moments. Those moments usually end in a bite. He is such a biter. It drives me nuts. He is learning and has gotten better. But when he gets really mad he goes for the bite! He is usually easy- going and doesn't get mad very often. He is also very content. He will just sit in the corner and play by himself.

Here are a few things he loves:

movies
food (his favorites~ pizza, carrots, crackers)
dogs
cows
really any animal
to point to things
taking baths
swimming
taking walks
reading books
brushing his teeth
singing songs (fav is wheels on the bus & itsy bitsy spider)
playing outside
being thrown in the air
riding in daddy's truck
jumping on the tramp
be with his baby brother
A few things he doesn't like:
showers
cuddling
getting his fingernails clipped
eating meat
uh that's all I can think of~ the boy is a pretty happy baby!
Words from Ports mouth:
momma
dadda
bath
more
ya
bye
moooooo
please
cracker
ball
no
bubble
hot
water (wa wa)
whoa
Porter you are such a good little boy. I just look at you and melt. You are so cute. I can't stand it. You are such a good example to your little brother. I love you so much my little fat boy.

HUNTER
He is my little rascal. Cute as a bug & so funny. He ALWAYS wants to be right next to his momma!!! He is a very smart baby and can figure things out really fast. He is my big talker and can say a lot of words. He is loud and a busy body. He is always running around doing something. He is such a sweetie as well. He is my little cuddle bug. He loves to cuddle and give kisses. He understands so much and usually listens. He is my social butterfly. He loves to be around others, as long as mom or dad are close.
A few things Hunter loves:
playing outside
reading books
doing puzzles
food (strawberries, bananas, pizza, any meat~ his favorites)
baths
playing in our shower
dogs
walks
playing with daddy
riding in daddy's truck
his little car he rides
bubbles
close the garage by pushing the button
singing songs~ (itsy bitsy spider & twinkle twinkle- favorites)
my mom (he reaches for her over me sometimes)
to play with shoes (drives me nuts)
be with his brother.
A few things he doesn't like:
ANYTHING on his feet
getting his hair done (as soon as I do it he flattens it down~ugh!)
being thrown in the air
to be covered up with a blanket
Words from Hunts mouth:
mom
dad
please
please mommy
no
ya
bubble
cracker
papa
ball
moooooo
bath
drink
bye
tucker
more
wow
whoa
uh oh
hot
me
up
Hunts you are so smart and such a joy in my life. You are a good helper to mommy & just so sweet. I love you so much little hunter boy!
***
These boys are so fun. They are the bestest buds. Having twins is definitely challenging, and I have my moments. But... I am so glad I have them. I wouldn't change it for the world. I love that they have a built in best friend. I hope they will always be best friends. Even though there are the harder times, you would never change it for the sweet, tender moments. I find them often holding hands, sharing, playing, laughing together, and wrestling. It almost brings tears to my eyes every time I see them loving each other. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for all he has blessed me with, which is SO SO SO much. But.... my truest blessing ever, these little twin boys that are eternally mine. Love you little rascals!

Here are some pictures of us at the doctor, waiting for him to come in.
This pic is weird. Both boys have blue eyes. Porter's look so light and Hunter's so dark!


Hunter loves to rip up the paper.

3 comments:

Clint & Janet said...

Oh Shanna, you are such a wonderful blogger!! I love catching up with you here!!

Marisa said...

Your boys are so cute! When do we get to see you guys again?

Stefany Pew said...

Yay for 18 months!!! Although now they are practically 19 months. I have been bad at checking blogs lately. It's hard when everyone goes private and it doesn't show when you last update. I hate that! But it's something that we had to do! Very necessary to protect our babies. Your boys are so dang cute! They look like they have the best personalities too. What fun!!