Sunday, September 20, 2009

Update time!

I know it has been awhile since the last update. A month to be exact! These past 4 weeks have been so busy. I started school on August 22ND. I can't believe I have already been in school for 4 weeks, CRAZY! I am just LOVING it! We are doing peds right now. I never thought that I would love peds, I always wanted to work OB. Well our clinicals have been at St. Josephs Hospital. I love it there and even wish I could work there when I am done. The first day I was there I was placed in the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit). It was a little scary and hard at first but I loved it. I love to feel like I am making a difference. With peds you are definitely making a difference not just for the patient but for the whole family. I had two patients that day. First was a 3 year old with a brain tumor and second was a 17 year old, gun shot wound that left him paralyzed from the waist down. These situations were so sad for me to see. I couldn't help but think of my own boys. I was fine when I was there but as soon as I was home & held my babies I lost it. BC was like "are you okay", I was fine. I just felt so bad for those moms who had to watch their children suffer. I am SO thankful for my babies health. The next week I had a great experience as well. I had a 9 month old baby who was so cute. His parents weren't around much. I was able to feed him and just hold him. I loved it and felt so great that I was there to hold this sweet little guy. I truly love going to school and love what I am learning. I could go on and on with the stories. All I have to say is I think I found my niche!!! I do still love OB. I just think its the babies that I love so much!
***
Next in our crazy lives... We have moved!!! We miss our home out in Johnson Ranch, but it was so worth it! I love our new little place. I just feel so much happier. I was so sick of driving that far. I didn't realise how much I didn't like it out there until we moved. We will miss the people, our house, and most of all the PORTER family. We have always lived next to the Porter's since we were married. I am so sad that they aren't just 5 houses down. We love you guys and know that we will always be friends. I was sad to leave my cute house. We just felt right about moving and we had to do what was best for our family. We are renting a house in Gilbert. Off of Higley and Elliot. Its just a great location and so much closer to our family and school. I love that I have 30 mins longer in the morning. Also that I get home earlier to be with my cute boys. I will post some pics of the new house when I get them.
***
Last our cute twins are another month older. Tomorrow they will be 19 months old. They are so cute. I am just in love with them. They are doing GREAT!!! They had a little bit of a hard time with the move. That only lasted a couple of days. They are loving our new place. They are both talking more and more. Also they are just getting more independent. They want to do everything themselves. So we went to Gecko Grill the other night. (love that place) Afterwards when we were driving home Brandon says, "I am finally to the point where I think we could have another baby, the boys are getting so much easier". I was like "WHAT". He always acts like he is done. Which I knew he never really was. Twins are just so much work. They are growing so fast and they aren't babies anymore! They are like little boys. Anyways no babies coming until I at least graduate in May!!!!
Also I almost have them caught up on their immunizations. I always have been a fence sitter with this topic. I always go back and forth. After learning in school about all the diseases and such, I was on the phone the next day. Although I held the MMR they are pretty much caught up. Now I just need to talk Ash into it!!!
***
Brandon is doing great! I just love that man. We have our moments but we just both feel so happy. I love our little life. It gets stressful at times but BC is such a help. He is doing great with work. We are so thankful for his job. He loves that he doesn't have to drive as far. He is probably going to be working out of town. It's going to kill me while I am in school, but work is work. We can't complain! Also Brandon loved being the Executive Secretary in the old ward but he is enjoying his time at home. We are also enjoying him being with us more. Those men in the Bishopric really do work hard and sacrifice a lot. I am grateful for the opportunity he had to serve, we were blessed!
***
I was able to go to NAU last week with my parents, sister- Ash, and my grandma. We went to watch Haylee play volleyball. She is doing great and I love to watch her play. Also her team was just here for a tournament and they played ASU. That was so fun! She even made the all tournament team. Her boyfriend is up at ISU as well on a football scholarship. What a fun life they have! We miss and love you red! Go Bengals!!!
***
Yesterday my cute niece Anny got baptized! What a special day for her. I wish I had some pictures! We all went to Ashley's after and had some good food and visiting. We love you Anny and are so proud of you!!!
***
I know this is a long post. I just had a lot to update. I hope everyone is doing well. I need to get caught up on all of your family life. I haven't blogged in forever. I know you all miss my comments!!!
Not that many will read this. I feel like it is so hard to go private cause no one really reads your blog anymore! I guess this is my journal- right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU TONS!!

Allison Johnson said...

You need to put up pics of your house! We are going through the same thing, but I haven't been able to convince my husband that there really are nice rental houses out there...

Porter Family said...

I miss you so much! I miss our late night walks. Love ya!