Sunday, August 16, 2009

First day of Nursery...

was a bust.
Today was a busy day. I was called this morning to sub in primary, I gave the opening prayer in sacrament,
had an appt. with the first counselor in Bishopric for a new calling, still had to do the music in RS, & it was the twins first day in Nursery. I had Brandon take them cause I was subbing in Primary. Well Porter did really well, Hunter not so much. As soon as he left Hunter started crying. I was like 5 doors down and I could hear him. He is so LOUD!!! Well he never stopped. I walked out in the hall and Ports was trying to run out. Then every kid in the whole class was screaming. So I grabbed both my boys and went to look for Brandon. Ya he was no where to be found. Everyone was so nice and trying to help. It made it worse and they were just both crying. So I had someone call Brandon and yes he was home. He says that he came home to make the bean dip. My parents are coming over for dinner & I didn't have time to do it this morning. Well he did make the bean dip. But I wonder if the PGA Championship had anything to do with his little trip home. ;-)

Anyways he came right back and I ran into RS to do my music minute!

I need HELP!!!

I have never done the Nursery thing before. What should I do? Let them cry, sit in there with them, put them in separate classes, pull my hair out!!!


ANY ADVICE!!!


I know I'm lame, but I had to take some pics of their first day!!!



Hopefully we will have better luck next week!!!

5 comments:

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

LOL. That is so something Ty would do to me. Geez it seems like there is a Golf tournament every Sunday!
Well, better luck this Sunday. Sorry, I can't come up with any advice for ya cause Brodie told me see ya later his first day in Nursery. :)

Anonymous said...

it will get better - we let peanut cry and that did not work and then we brought her in when they started having snacks and it got better. we just sat with her for 2 sundays and she is doing good - knock on wood for next week... it would help if we had patient people in there... LOVE YOU

Matt and Liz said...

wow you're quite the woman. so much to do. i think that's so cute that you took pictures of them. nursery can be a tough thing. sometimes my kids STILL have a hard time going :( it will all work out though. while i'm happy you got a new calling i'm sad that i didn't get a chance to know you better in rs. i guess we'll just have to keep in touch.

Cara said...

Shanna, cute church dress, they'll love it sooner or later. I hate leaving them crying though. Luke has had phases with nursery where he doesn't wanna go and then when he loves it so hang in there.

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

Good luck! Adi screamed and cried for the first 5 months....and now she is on and off...some days she likes it...others she is in rs w/ ma and Paislee. I tried the let them cry method, didn't help to much for her but I know other kids it did the trick within 2 or three weeks. I wonder how Paislee will be? Let me know how it works out!