Tuesday, July 21, 2009

just some thoughts for the day...

Today my little love bugs are 17 months old. I know- no big deal 17 months, right? Well to me it means I only have 1 month left of summer. It is going by way too fast and its bugging me! I am dreading going back. Don't get me wrong I totally love school and love what I am doing, it's just hard. I don't want to have to leave these babies again for 3 days a week. I know its only 2 more semesters and I will be a nurse- totally worth it. Once I get back into it I will be fine, it will just take some time. I am excited about this semester because we will be learning OB & Pediatrics!!! Yay! The exact reason why I want to do this so bad! I love nursing and I love the things that I am learning. I need to bust open some books and start studying, I thinks its time.

***

Back to the babes. They are learning more and more everyday. They are both so smart and just the cutest little things I have ever looked at.


Hunter is such a talker. Just this week he started to say bubbles, puppy, ball, papa, & more. He even put 2 words together today and he said- "more bubbles".


Porter is following right behind and said bubbles, yes and more today. (Not as clear)

Whenever I say let's have a blessing they both fold their arms, so cute.

They love to sing songs, read books and play with their daddy.

They listen really well and both can totally understand what I am saying.


As of yesterday I took away the pacifiers. UGH! I know it is totally my fault that they totally love these. I forced them in their mouths the day they were born. I really love to have babies who would take these but not until they are 2. So i am still letting them have them when they sleep, only in their cribs. It is going alright. This morning when I took them out of their mouths and threw them back in the crib they cried for 30 mins!!! Oh well right! I am just done with them. Done with losing them, forgetting them, kids throwing fits without them, and done with them dropping on the floor! We will see how it goes!

***
I definitely love these little boys!


I dropped my sunglasses in California and they broke. Now it is the their new favorite toy!!!

4 comments:

J,B,A,P Hatch said...

Yay for being 17mo! I am proud of you, going to school and having two kids is not an easy task. It will be so worth it but in the mean time good luck:)! Your boys are so cute! I am excited for next wed.

Hilary Stailey said...

Man, they are cute! I love reading about their accomplishments! And way to go Shanna! Keep it up sista!

Clint & Janet said...

Oh Shanna, I love reading your blog. AND you have designed it so beautifully!! The boys are adorable. And don't forget, one more month and they are in the nursery.

Ashley said...

SO, i'm posting. WHere's your new one??