So I sometimes think back of my days when the twins were first born. I can't remember everything, of course. So I thought it would be fun to write it down so some day I can look back at my days with 16 month old twins.
June 22, 2009
Woke up to BC bringing Hunter into bed with me at 430. Both of us fell back asleep.
Woke up for the day at 7 am to the sweet voice of Porter playing in his crib.
Felt so tired but got up anyway.
Hunter awoke shortly after.
Gave Hunter his Prevacid.
Got dressed.
Threw babes in the jogging stroller.
Ran 2.5 miles, it kicked my butt cause it was to hot!!!
Got home and made breakfast for the babes, strawberries and blueberry bagels.
Turned on the today show and got on my computer while the babies ate breakfast.
Threw in some laundry.
Cleaned the kitchen.
Took the babes outback to play in their kiddy pool.
Sat in the sun and watched the babies play.
Had some therapy (talked to my mom).
Played bubbles with the babes.
Took off their diapers cause they were so full.
Looked over and Porter pooped all over the concrete.
"oh crap mom I have to go porter is pooping".
Grab the wipes and clean Porter up.
Look over at the door and Hunter is standing their pooping.
I'm thinking- are you serious UGHHHH!!!
I used all the wipes what am i going to do.
Can't go get more, the pool has water in it.
Open the backdoor and grab napkins.
Cleaned the poop off the ground.
Grab Hunter cause he has poop all down his leg.
Trying to keep Porter out of it.
Grab Porter by his armpit.
Carry them both in the shower.
All 3 of us take a shower.
Porter wants to sit on the seat, okay here you go Ports.
I'm thinking- please don't fall.
Okay so how am I suppose to wash my hair without getting shampoo in their eyes.
So I decide to just hurry.
Oh I just close my eyes and boom Porter falls off the seat.
Oh my gosh he landed on my leg and now I have shampoo in my eyes.
I'm thinking- oh my gosh are you kidding me- What am I thinking doing this.
Stop to think how grateful I am that Brandon bathes them.
Alright we are done.
Ouch- thanks Hunter for dropping the conditioner on my toe.
Okay let's GET OUT!
Grab my towel.
Get the babes out.
Get them dressed.
Crap I have to go outside and finish cleaning up the poop- just after I get all clean.
Put the Little People movie on for the babes. Throw some cheerios on the floor.
Clean up my mess out back.
Do more laundry.
Kiss Porters fat face.
Squeeze Hunter's cheeks.
Make them show me all their tricks.
Read them some books.
Yell at Hunter to quit hitting his brother.
Sit on the couch and watch them laugh at each other.
Put Hunter in time-out.
Tell Hunter I love him.
Kiss Porter's fat face again.
Make Hunter hug me.
Kiss my little Hunter boy.
Okay lunch time. 1130 am
Pears and a Bean Burro.
Get boys some milk.
Clean them up.
Call my mom back.
Text Heather back.
Call Brandon back.
Let boys play for awhile together.
Tell Porter- don't bite your brother.
Watched family feud while folding the laundry.
Nap time. 1245 pm
AWWWW.
Peace and quiet.
Got on the computer, turned on Rachel Ray.
Fell asleep.
Woke up to Hunter crying.
Brought him back in my bed.
Layed there for a couple mins.
Got up and yes finally got ready for the day.
Had to be to Cluff's by 6 for a Father's day dinner.
Packed my bag.
Porter woke up at 330.
Loaded them in the car.
Left to Cluff's.
Hung out with family.
Brandon took babies outside to play and they had a sucker.
I helped clean up the kitchen.
Visited Grandma Abel.
BC bathed the babies.
Put them in PJ's.
Drove home around 8 pm.
Babies fell asleep.
Put them in bed when we got home.
I got ready for bed.
Prayers and Scriptures with BC.
Got on the computer & checked my email & blog.
Watched the 10:00 news with BC.
Shortly after finally closed my eyes.
Man I deserve to sleep.
6 comments:
I love it! Your such a great mommy!
and THAT is precisely why our mom's are our hero's! You deserve a vacation.
wow, i'm tired just reading it, you deserve a vacation or something man!
Shanna, that was so precious! Thanks for letting me peek in at your little family. You are a wonderful Mommy!! Keep kissing those fat little faces!
The life of a mom. You described it perfectly! Your boys are adorable. I wish I could squeeze their cheeks, but they would probably get scared.
Shanna...This is Krista (Day). Your twins are darling!! What cute boys! I love your blog...it's good to see you are doing so well!
Post a Comment