Well it is about time that I finish this post from last year. I really want this documented on our blog since it is basically my journal. It has been awhile so I am trying my hardest to remember everything.
First of all we had our vacation all planned and our tickets already bought for Disneyland. We headed for Newport Beach the first week in May. We left that Sat or Sunday, wow I can't even remember. Anyways the day before we left i decided to take a pregnancy test because i had not had a period since the miscarriage. For those of you who do not know, I took my IUD out February of 2011 and actually got pregnant that same month. Then in March started bleeding and had a miscarriage. I was about 6 weeks. I was so shocked I got pregnant so fast and was really sad when I miscarried. Doc H recommended that we wait 2 months to start trying again, well ooops that didn't happen and we were surprised to find out that we were pregnant with our sweet little Emma. So back to our trip, ya I found out I was pregnant that first week of May. I was only 5 weeks.
So Monday and Wednesday we went to the Beach.
Tuesday and Thursday we went to Disneyland
Friday we went and got bagels as a family and went to a park.
Saturday took some pics on the beach and just hung out at the condo.
Sunday (Mother's day) we headed home.
and somewhere in there we did some shopping at the Hurley outlet, ate a lot of chronic tacos, walked to the pier, looked for starfish, and had fun visiting with our friends.
It was a long week but it was such a good vacation. On Friday i started to get the morning sickness, which unfortunately for me lasts all day long. I know it's weird but I just could not get myself to do this post while i was prego because I was so sick at the end of this trip that it just reminded me of it. I still can not drink those crystal light packets cause that is what I lived on during the trip and yuck it just makes me sick. That drive home on Mother's day was horrible I was so sick. And sure was sick all the way to 14 weeks, wow glad that is over. Okay so this post is of just Disneyland and I will do the Beach and everything else next.
Disneyland was SO MUCH FUN!!! The boys were so excited and loved it, they were tall enough for all the rides (except Indian Jones and the roller coaster at Cal Adventure) and boy did they ride them. Space Mtn, Thunder Mtn, all the rides and they had a blast! Their favorite rides were Soarin' over California and Toy Story ride! They rode Soarin' 7 times, yes they loved it and so did daddy, that is his fave ride too. Tues was busier than Thursday but the longest we waited in line was 30 mins and that was for Peter Pan. Right when we got to the park I wanted them to ride Peter Pan first cause it was my favorite growing up. But we didn't want to wait the 30 mins right at the start so we headed for Snow White, Pinocchio, and Alice in Wonderland. We walked right on and they were fun. But I forgot how they can even be a little scary for kids but the boys did great. We then headed to toon town and did all that fun stuff. After we went over to Pirates, an all time fav. But of course being pregnant I was nervous on just about every ride. I was so dumb and thought oh Thunder Mountain isn't that jerky. So I rode it with the boys and it was SO jerky. I was so mad at myself and said a little prayer that this tiny little embryo would survive and promised I wouldn't ride anything else like it. So I did a lot of sitting while the boys rode, which was fine with me cause where else is better to people watch then Disneyland, it definitely entertained me.
The boys with the map right when we were about to walk in.


I love the popcorn!
told you they loved the characters, look at Ports. :)Hunter was mad though cause Pluto messed up his hair, oh Hunts.




On the Disneyland Railroad.

King Arthur's Carousal.
It's a small world. we went on this when we were hot cause it is so cool in there, I love that.
Onto California Adventure....
Here we are on Soarin' over California.
The jellyfish ride.
Toy Story!!!
And of course yummy treats over the 2 days. We told the boys they could each get one treat each day!!
The boys got tired and so did I. Both days they fell asleep in the afternoon, it was nice cause I just found a spot in the shade and parked it. The first day I sat and talked with my mom on the phone while Brandon went and rode the grizzly water ride and the second day I actually laid down on a bench and fell asleep while Brandon talked on the phone with work stuff. Man I was pooped!
Second day at Disneyland. (Thursday and it was cinco de mayo) It was not crowded at all. Here we are eating at Ihop before. We only ate at Disneyland for dinner, we packed lunches and ate breakfast before we went, it was smart.
Nemo was so cute!!


autopia took forever!!! I of course being prego didn't ride and just had to sit there and wait. For some reason we never rode this as kids, I always thought it was a waste of time and I think i was right.

On the Disneyland Railroad.

Here we are on Soarin' over California.autopia took forever!!! I of course being prego didn't ride and just had to sit there and wait. For some reason we never rode this as kids, I always thought it was a waste of time and I think i was right.
Winnie the pooh. Splash Mountain was closed.



Bug's Island was so much fun!
World of Color was one of our favorite things by far, It was awesome. Even though we got cold and wet, we loved it. You have to get a fast pass for it though so you get a good seat. 



Bug's Island was so much fun!
World of Color was one of our favorite things by far, It was awesome. Even though we got cold and wet, we loved it. You have to get a fast pass for it though so you get a good seat. 
I was sad that we didn't do Dumbo and that Splash Mountain was closed and also Haunted Mansion. The boys rode just about everything else and we rode a lot of the favorites multiple times. Although Brandon wanted to, I did not let him take them on Tower of Terror. And I will never ride that Mickey Mouse Ferris wheel again, I did not like that ride. Especially when you get to the top and start sliding down. Oh man i was scared, probably more so then the boys. BC thought it was funny.
We had a great time, they were a perfect age for the first time and we loved it. SO excited to go back again this May!! We can't wait, but don't tell my boys its a surprise! :)
Oh ya and on the way back to the condo the second day of D-land some guy ran right into the back of us at a red light. That was annoying.
I am so glad we split the days up and didn't go back to back, I don't think I could of done it. I was so so tired. Going to the beach in between was relaxing.
Oh to the Happiest Place on Earth, thanks for the wonderful memories we made as a little family of 4. We will never forget the first time we took those sweet little twins to visit you. Until we meet again in May....
2 comments:
Okay, we are going in May too, and this just made me SO EXCITED. I am worried that I will melt being six months pregnant, but oh well. Still so excited!
It looked like such a fun trip! Seeing your pictures and reading your stories makes me excited to take Chloe someday! :) I love Disneyland!
Post a Comment