Friday, August 12, 2011

Joy in the Journey...

August 4th 2011 was one of the best days of my life. I had my ultrasound appt. set for 5 pm, yes it was a long day!! I didn't want Brandon to have to take off work to be at the appt., so I scheduled the latest time possible. My thoughts were geared toward my children this whole day. I cleaned ALL day, doing things I don't normally do. Washed windows, washed curtains, organized, dusted everything, polished all the wood, just keeping busy! I was a little nervous all day, thinking "what if my intuition is wrong"! I had a feeling this baby was a little girl from day one. As the day got long the more excited and anxious I was. Brandon made it home just in the nick of time to jump in the shower and we were out the door by 450. We brought the boys with us to the appointment and they were so excited. It was so fun to have them there with us. As I laid on the table watching the screen of our sweet baby, the ultrasound tech giggled and said "it's a girl". As I looked over at my sweet 3 boys they were smiling from ear to ear. I had tears in my eyes and I was just overwhelmed with so much joy. Joy for my twin boys who mean the world to me, joy for my sweet little girl, joy for my husband for creating this family with me, and joy to my father in heaven for blessing and entrusting me with his children. I felt so much love from our Heavenly Father and overwhelming amount of love that I know he has for my family. As we went to dinner as a family of almost 5 , this joy carried throughout the rest of the night and even the next day. I am eternally grateful for my role as a mother. Although I am not the best mom and I definitely lose my patients with my boys, this joy I feel is worth every last bit of the 3.5 years of my life. I know the rest of the journey will have it's ups and downs but I am so grateful for the joy that comes with it. And hope I never forget this special day and the feelings I had.






3 comments:

Chelsea Coon said...

Love this post and love the pictures! I'm so excited for you!

Kim said...

That's so exciting! We are so happy for you!! And tell Brandon that Ryan is working really crazy hours right now so he probably won't remember to call him back for a while. But we want you to know that we are thinking about you and your cute family!
-Kim and Ryan

Jenni said...

YAY!! I am SO excited for you. How fun to have a sweet baby girl!