for those of you who talk to me often have probably heard me say how fast 2008 went by. brandon and i have had our ups and downs this past year, things aren't always easy with twins. but it has been the best year for me. i have had more joy in my life than i ever knew was possible. the joy of being a mother is indescribable. i have been so ever thankful for these two little boys in my life. but really i have 3 boys to love, and i love them dearly. it has also brought me closer to my heavenly father. i now have a glimpse of how he loves me and cares for me. and it also makes me appreciate him sacrificing his only begotten son to die for us. what a selfless act. i could never be so selfless. i will be forever grateful to him and all he has blessed me with. this year has brought brandon and i closer as well. we make a good team. most men don't really have to deal with infants, they usually have the 2 year old and the mom takes care of the baby. but not with twins, brandon has had to help me and he really does a great job. thank you brandon for always helping me out. you are a great dad and they are lucky to have you. i also learned this year how to be less selfish. being a mom the last thing on your mind is yourself. i have never felt so tired and exhausted in my whole life. breastfeeding two babies ever 2 hours around the clock was the hardest physically and emotionally thing i ever did. i was so blessed to be able to feed these big babies. i would do it all over again if i had a choice. it was so worth it. 2009 will bring us more and more joy i am sure. this year is going to be different, with a lot of praying and thought brandon and i decided that it would be good for me to go back to school. i was almost done with my first year when I had to go on bed rest. if i don't start this spring i will lose everything i did. i want nothing more than to stay home with my twins but i know that this is what i need to do. especially in this economy it is good to have a degree. i am excited because i have always wanted to be a nurse. but it will be hard on me, at least they will be with my mom 2 days and brandons mom 1 day. it is bitter-sweet. i have never been the type to want to work or leave my babies so it will interesting. it will be harder on me than them. i am just in love with these boys. thank you to all who have helped me through this first year of the babes life. especially my mom. she goes everywhere with me. i love my mom she is so close to me. thanks mom for all your help, love and support. 2009 is here and i am excited for the twins second year of life and all the joys it will bring!!!
6 comments:
Hey Brandon, It's Michelle (Bradshaw) Boothe. Your family is beautiful. Those boys are darling. How is everything? What are you up to these days?
That totally made me tear up....i dont even know why!!!! You are amazing to take care of twins and breastfeed around the clock, you are such a good example!!
Yeah for the update! Love all the pictures! I am proud of you for trying the wqhole over night thing, although it didn't go very well.....it is so hard with kids! We need to get together again!
Hey Shanna! It was really nice meeting you today. This will be an amazing semester. I love all the pictures...your boys are so sweet! See you next Wednesday!
I can't believe those boys are going to be a year old, CRAZY!!! They are so dang cute. I'm excited for our boys to grow up together and be friends. Thank you so much for your friendship, I love you guys tons! Your are a wonderful mother,the boys are so lucky to have you as there mommy!
Yeah! You finally updated your blog! I was wondering if you would ever see my comment. :) I really enjoyed reading your post and I'd like to say "Amen!" to all of it. Not that I have any clue what it's like to have twins but even one kid can be a handful. I have to leave my babies 3 days a week and like you I didn't think I would ever be the type to do that but you do what you have to in this ecomony. It'll be hard to leave them but knowing you're doing the right thing will get you through it. Anyway, I live on Ironwood and Ocotillo and ironically enough, I think I'm in your sisters ward. I recognize "Jack Jack" in the picture on your blog. I live in Castlegate in the Sierra Ranch ward. Anyway, I'd love to get together and meet your cuties. My email is cassy.lee.taylor@gmail.com. Talk to you later!
Post a Comment