Thursday, August 12, 2010

The end to a chapter...

I haven't been home much this summer, as you know we are living in St. David. Last weekend we went camping with some family, came home Sunday night and I had to have my car in Monday morning. We had a few things that needed to be fixed in the car before our 36,000 mile warranty ran out. Needless to say I have been home trying to get some things done. I started with the boys room and completely cleaned it out, organizing all their drawers and the closet and yes putting away all the 2T sizes, man they are so big. Anyways I finally made it to my guest room/study room. It was time to put the books away. I have to admit I was sad, in a weird way. It was kinda sad that I didn't get to pick out new school supplies, get new books, organize my folder and have my backpack all ready. Besides the year and a half that I took off with when the twins were first born, I have been going to school since kindergarten. That is so crazy to think about, it just has always been a part of my life. Now at the age of 27 I am retired from school, and I don't think I will ever go back. Although I know that I will have many, many more years to pick out new school supplies, get new books, organize a couple folders and have 2 backpacks ready!Here are the books I stuck up in the closet. I have another huge box of books, these are just the books I basically used for block 3 & 4. Towards the end are all my folders throughout all the blocks. Can't get myself to throw it all out, I was glad to sell a few books to a cousin of Brandon's though!Here is my "desk" all nice and clean and ready for somethin else! (i might bust out the sewin machine)
***
Even though I truly enjoyed school and learning. I would never, ever, ever choose this...
over this...
have been enjoying my time with these 2 studs.


***
I have been really lazy about looking for a job, I just don't really know what I want to do exactly. In this horrible economy the jobs are far and few between, although I found a little part time job. I will be working for Mollen clinics giving flu shots for the season. Just Sept-Nov, I am really excited. I get to choose where the location is and also the days and hours. I am just not desperate enough to take a "filler" job so I am sitting patiently until something sounds good enough to jump on, in the mean time GET YOUR FLU SHOT THIS YEAR!!! (i will let you know where i will be working, it will probably be a Fry's or Walmart or even Sam's, then you can come see me!)

I am so thankful for all the blessings in my life.

No comments: