I just wanted to take a minute and share the information that I know with my family and friends about the Swine Flu. Brandon is such a good man and a great protector. Although anyone can get this he is trying to protect his family. He called and talked to a lady who is good friends with someone who is over the health and disease control in Arizona. (sorry I don't know her name) She gave some advice and I wanted to share. Most of you might already know this for those who don't, here you go... there have been cases in Arizona, they have not publicly announced because they are waiting for the cultures to come back. This is an Epidemic and could turn into a pandemic. It is at a stage 4 and stage 6= pandemic. We need to do obvious precautions, hand washing, don't go to work or school if sick, don't touch your eyes, mouth or nose, sneeze in your elbow. Also watch for the normal signs of the flu- fever, sore throat, cough, muscle aches. She said this flu lasts for 3 weeks and is very contagious. Also you are extremely sick with it could lose up to 20 % of your body weight (okay I have to admit that part doesn't sound too bad!!!) Also kids ages 0-3 don't take them to public places 75% death rate of the infants and elderly (weak immune systems) if they catch this.
Also I watched Dr. Oz talk about it today... he said be prepared in case they say you can't go to school or work. In other words you need food and water.
We are so blessed to have this gospel and I hope that we are all prepared. They have been telling us to have food storage for years. Brandon and I have really been working on ours. We have a really good start. Needless to say... he is at Costco right now getting more. "If we are prepared, we shall not fear" I am not trying to scare anyone. I would want to know this if I didn't, that is why I wanted to share. I love you all. I hope this doesn't affect any of us.
2 comments:
This was very informational and I thank you for writing this post because I am very much in the dark about all of this. It's scary for sure! I too have been building up my food storage but I need to keep going because I know it's not enough to last even 3 months at this point. I have empty barrels in my garage that I need to fill with water also. I'm going to get on this ASAP!
What will happen next huh! Heavenly Father is trying really hard to get us all to realize we HAVE to be prepared and like you said if wea are prepared we shall not fear. Your family picture is so cute and all your easter pictures of the boys are way cute. The boys are growing up so fast. It seems like you just had them! Are you plannig for more in the near future?!?!
Post a Comment