Thursday, September 13, 2012

just one of those weeks!

Oh man I am so far behind on my blog, which makes me sad because this is my journal and how I keep up on everything. The longer I postpone posts the more I don't remember the little details and cute things my kids do. I have Emma''s "8 month" post, labor day and a few others just sitting in my drafts. Really need to finish them!!

But for now I am going to just look through other's blogs, get on pinterest, check my email, even if I waste 30 mins of my day. I NEED it. :)

This week has been one heck of a week i tell ya. I don't like to post negative things on the blog so we remember the good but on the other hand it is good to hear about real life as well...

I have a breast infection, okay warning this is def TMI!!!
No it's not mastitis. It has made me the grouchiest mom alive this week and I think it is finally on the mend. I noticed it last week, it looked like a little cut/sore. Almost like it was just red and irritated from nursing and then turned into a infection. Heck I don't know what it is! Anyways every time Emma would nurse I would cry, yes tears. So Monday I called the doc, i needed help!! So the MA called me back and said " well I can call you in a scrip cause you probably have mastitis" Ugh! Okay the nurse coming out in me... I was SO annoyed. I know what mastitis is and no that is not it. I'm not sick. Anyways told them never mind and i think it will just have to heal itself.
Tuesday yep headed to the doc. Had to see the PA cause the doc was full, she didn't know what it was but wrote me a scrip for an antibiotic.
Went and got a nipple shield, Emma screamed she hated it!
Tried to just nurse on one side but she was still starving and then I was getting engorged.
So after 8 months I finally pulled out the Medela Breast pump. The problem is that it still hurt and she would NOT take the bottle. So ya basically for a whole week now i have been suffering through every feeding! It would try and scab and with every feeding it opened right back up. It almost looks like a pit or a hole. So i am patiently waiting for this horrible thing to heal from the inside out.
(By the way after pumping and seeing my breast milk, I now know why my babes are chubs. That stuff is 10% water and 90% cream!!!)
On top of that...
 i have 3 canker sores.
haven't slept thru the night once.
we have been invaded by black ants.
today is the first day of the whole week that someone hasn't been sitting in time-out.
i have been grouchy and mean and to top it off Brandon is on call this week and has already had 12 emergency calls this week. (at a gilbert fire right now) So i have been a  little solo.

I'm tired to say the least and yes maybe still just a little grouchy!

Stupid ants.

Updates to come...

3 comments:

Tanner and Danielle said...

ugh!! I'm so sorry about your infection! I can only imagine... When I had mastitis (even though that is not what you have) I wanted to just die! I hope it heals soon and that things get back to normal! The things we do for our babies... ;)

Cluff Family said...

I am so sorry you have had such a horrible week!! I for one always appreciate when people write about real life because it makes me feel so much better knowing I am not the only one who's life isn't always perfect. Hope you feel better soon!

Angela said...

The whole time I was reading this I kept thinking, "Where was I? Why wasn't I helping my friend?" I'm sorry you had a horrible week and I wasn't helpful at all! I'll be a better friend from now on, promise! I'm so glad it is over and far behind you!!