so when you bring home preemie twin boys from the hospital as a first time mom and decide that you are going to be the ONLY one to feed them, you think you can handle anything! (cause of the love you have for those sweet little boys) so you can only imagine how much sleep i got...
after 3 years i STILL get up in the night, of course not every night and of course not to breastfeed 2 boys (ya let's hope not) but the point is- i thought by the age of 3 i would get my full 9 hours uninterrupted. oh boy how i was wrong.
now it's all the excuses....
P-
"mom I'm thirsty"
"mom i need a drink"
"mom i have to go pee"
"mom i ....." he will just cry sometimes.
H-
"mom I'm cold"
"mom there is a monster in my room"
"mom put my blanket on"
"mom i want my music on"
"mom it's dark, turn the light on"
then at 3am this morning i hear hunter yell out...
"MOM, MOM, MOMMY, i need to blow my nose"
Really you need to blow your nose. so of course i get up and grab whatever i can find for him to blow his nose, i think it was a pair of clean underwear. ya i was tired and didn't care. (he really did need to blow his nose)
smart kids and their excuses, what to do? (or maybe they enjoy the one on one time with their mamma too)
why don't they ever say "dad, dad, daddy i..." ya that's never gonna happen.
sometimes i get frustrated when my boys wake up, really its not too often. but secretly i enjoy it. its one on one time with them which i don't get often. i always pick them up and hold them like a baby, sometimes till they fall back asleep. these sweet moments wont be here for long... they are growing too fast. and one day i will wish they were 3 years old again, hearing them in the night saying, "mommy, {i need you}"
love them. (although i do get more sleep now, i miss these chubby baby days.)
2 comments:
You are nice. I taught Rae to only wake me up for emergencies (blood, throw up, or wet sheets), and when we get up in the morning I can tell she has been up during the night. The kitchen light, hall light, and bathroom lights are on every morning...but I got to sleep through it all...
I hear ya!! Hey you commented forver ago on mine about our 10 year reunion!! I was going to ask you the same thing!! I was not planning on going but if Matt had someone to talk to(and I think him and Brandon would get along)we will probably be the only non drinking couples...I will go if you go:) I got info on it on facebook. I do not know if you are on there but if not I will see if I can email it to you!!
Post a Comment