This is for Gina and Kassidy...
My really good friend Gina and my really good friend, also my cousin, Kassidy are both RN's. Gina and I actually did all are prerequisites together and started the nursing program at the same time. We were going to Phoenix College. It was so nice to have somewhere there with me every step of the way. Well I ended up transferring to MCC cause the drive to Phoenix was killin me. Then I went on bed rest and had to drop out. Gina is awesome and a great friend she started at Phoenix with me I think it was about 48 hours after she delivered Ella. She is a champ. Now she is done and all her hard work is paid off. Anyways she is a Pediatric RN who just left her job at Phoenix Children's to be with her hubby in Dominica while he pans out Med school. I miss you Gina! My cousin Kass is a Med-Surge RN at Good Sam. I call her all the time to vent cause she knows how I feel. I love them both and so grateful for their examples!
ANYWAYS, so onto my story you guys will appreciate this...
I was at clinicals and I was working in Postpartum, couplet care, at Desert. I was taking care of a 4 day post-op Cesarean. It was time for her staples to come out and to be replaced with steri-strips. Well I was excited to do it for her. So I walk in with the nurse and she was showing me a few things. As I take the staple remover out of the package the husband leans over to the wife and says "Are you sure you want an AIDE to take out your staples, hun" OMG!!! I about died. An Aide! Not even close. The nurse said "um she is not an Aide, she will be an RN in a short time". The wife said, "Oh no you are fine" Then I proceeded what I was doing. I felt about an inch big. I can't wait till I am an RN like you two to be appreciated for all we do!!!! Ha Ha- Love you both!
1 comment:
It is so frustrating being a student nurse. You know you are a bother to the nurses, you know the patients are leery of you, yet you are trying to get the most out of the experience as you can! You are so close Shanna!! I can't wait until you graduate and get that license!! 1 more semester!!!
Post a Comment