Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mother Instincts

Mom I don't feel good!
I guess not!





At the Urgent Care








In the ambulanceIn the ER waiting for a room


Ports on my bed (yes I had to sleep on that)






On Wednesday night the 28th of Jan. Both babies were up in the night with fevers. I knew something was wrong with Porter cause he never wakes up in the night. Thursday I dropped them off at their Nanas and went to school. That night I listened to their lungs and they were both wheezing. They both still weren't feeling any better so off to see Dr. Saba we went. Hunter had a bad ear infection and he said Ports had Bronchiolitis- Yuck! So both on breathing treatments and antibiotics. Sat came along and we just stayed in and hung out. I cleaned and Brandon did yard work. Well Sat night I told Brandon Porter seems to be getting worse. He thought I was paranoid- like usual. Sunday morning I just didn't feel right about it. He woke up with another fever and I called the doc. We ended up at Phoenix Childrens Urgent Care. When they checked him out his O2 sats were 88-89!!! The doc said we needed to do breathing treatments, after everyone his O2 sats would drop in the 80s it was freakin me out. They kept trying more treatments and it didn't work. He was put on oxygen, and they called an ambulance and sent us to Banner Desert. He was admitted and we were their for 4 1/2 days. He has RSV and Bronchiolitis. We waited in the ER forever and watched the Super Bowl. They were so packed on the peds floor. My poor baby was poked and bugged all week. He was a trooper. I probably cried more than him. He had to have the oxygen on the whole time, and breathing treatments every 4 hrs. It was HORRIBLE!!! It was also the first time I was away from Hunter. I missed him so much and got to spend some time with him. I slept at the hospital all but one night. Brandon came and stayed cause I was about to lose it. I managed to get through it all even walking across the street to school. My mom and mom-in law are awesome, I could not have survived without them! Thank you so much. Man am I glad to be home and man am I thankful for my mother instincts!




The first day he was feeling better. Before this all he would do is sleep.
This toy was so fun, its from his Great- Aunt Jana, thank you!!!

He is so cute!





Mom I am done with this place, get me out!








I also learned a lot about RSV and how most kids get it but it is just like a bad cold. I think Hunter had it as well but he fought it off better. Porters lungs weren't quite developed when he was born so the doc said he is more prone. See why I am such a germ freak! I have to deal with 2 sick babies!!






6 comments:

Jen said...

Great job on handling the situation.
I'm glad he is starting to feel better. What a scary ordeal :(

Sommer said...

Oh, sweet baby. Glad you are home and everyone is feeling better.

Cara said...

Those pictures made me so sad, what a little trooper, I'm so glad you're all home, what a trial.

Stefany Pew said...

Oh my goodness! So SCARY! And yes....thank goodness for motherly instincts! I had a similar situation with Kylee not too long ago that landed us in the ER! Mother's JUST KNOW! Good job Mommy! 4 1/2 days is a LONG time to be in the hospital....especially with a baby. You are so strong to go through all that and still go to school and carry on your motherly and wife duties! You are a super Mom!!!

Marisa said...

I am so glad he is okay!! RSV is one of the scariest things to go through! I bet you did awesome handiling it. GReat job.

Cluff Family said...

I am so sorry that you all had to go through that!! I heard that Porter was sick, but I had NO IDEA it was that bad!!! I wish I could have been there for you. I am so glad that those sweet babies are doing better. You are amazing! I don't know if I could have been so strong.