Saturday, December 1, 2007
Update!
Well it has been a long past 4 weeks. I went in the day after Halloween for a regular ultra sound. And I had a bad feeling after I left. Well Dr. Huish called me on Monday and left a message cause I was doing a clinical rotation for school at Banner Baywood. He said he wanted to go over my ultra sound with me. I was freaking out the whole night cause the doctor never calls!! So I finally talked to him the next day and he said he was worried about baby A, he thought baby B was geting all the blood supply and said baby A was in the 18% for weight. So I had to go in for a level 2 ultra sound. That Thursday Brandon and I went in to see what was going on, the worse hour of my life. The doc came in and said that something was wrong. I just lost it, I was laying on the table thinking, hurry up and tell me. Well they said the babies were fine and baby A was bigger than B and was in the 85% for weight, it was a blessing in disguise. My cervix was so soft and thin I had to go in for an emergency surgery called a cerclage. Where they went in and sewed my cervix. I was in the hospital for a couple days. Now I am on bedrest with only bathroom privileges. It has been so hard. But my family has been great. Shanda comes Mon. And Gina comes on Wed and Brandons mom on thurs. My mom and sis fill in the rest. It has been hard to let people help but I have to. Brandon has been awesome, he has to do most and hasn't complained yet, he is wonderful. I also had to quit school when I only had 3 weeks left. This has been one of the hardest times in my life but it will be worth it. And all I want is healthy babies, I will do whatever it takes. The doctor said we have to get to 26 weeks for the babies to have a chance of making it. So that is our first goal. It really is a selfless thing to have kids. I am so thankful for family and friends and the selfless service they have rendered. And our ward the Porters and Williams have brought us meals every week I will forever be greatful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
WOW, I was so sad to hear Shanna. I'm glad you are doing well though. I was on bedrest forever too, it's not fun but definently worth it. It was good to hear from you! That's great that you can take the pharm final, it is tough but doable. In fact they changed our grades this week to +2 because they did the "select all that apply" questions wrong so I ended up only missing 4. Good luck! I'm excited for you, you will be a great Mom. You can always go back to nursing school. Please let me know if you need anything!!
I am glad to hear you are doing a lot better... wish I was there to help. We are still praying for you three. We'll be home in two weeks, yea!
Shanna, call me if you ever need anything(480)363-8552. We are home ALL the time and love the chance to go adventuring! How much longer until 26 weeks? I hope your bedrest isn't too awful!
Okay Shanna, please let me come over and clean something or do something. I am going to just show up. You are seriously so sweet and you are amazing to be going through all of this. I know it is hard to let others do things because you want to do them for yourself, but everyone loves you and is happy to help out.
I am glad that you are hanging in there! I want to come over and visit. Call me whenever you want a visitor!!
Post a Comment