Monday, April 2, 2012

Germ Freak...

...yes i am and I admit it!


This is why....








Yes my poor baby is sick, and it makes me a bit anxious. That is why I make my boys wash their hands ALL the time, why I wipe off the carts at the grocery store, why I secretly wash Emma's hands when I see a little one touch hers, why I don't like people to touch my baby unless they have washed their hands, why I think people should stay home when they have sick kids, why i spend more money on hand sanitizer at bath and body works than anything else, why I hold my breath when someone coughs, why my boys bathe every night, and why I am constantly saying "stay our of her face" to my twins. Well I protected her from most germs out there for the first 3 months but when it hit our home I knew it was hopeless. Porter came down with a fever on Monday and the rest is history. RSV hit my little baby and we were in the Urgent Care at midnight on Friday night. Miss Ems was having some dyspnea and that little nose started flaring so off I went. So glad she is over that 3 month mark and has been able to fight this off without being admitted in the hospital. Her O2 sat was at 91% which made me nervous but the doc said she was okay. She recommended that I see her pediatrician on Sat for another opinion and i am glad we did. The Urgent care doc missed the fact that she has a double ear infection on top of the RSV. So now we are doing breathing treatments every 4 hrs, antibiotics, steam showers, baby vapor rub, humidifiers, bulb suctioning, and a lot of holding and cuddling our sweet girl. So yes I know, i admit i am a germ freak! Yes I know all kids get sick, yes i know it's just part of it. But i hate it and it makes me anxious, especially with a 3 month old.




Emma is doing better today and still has been sleeping through the night but I definitely am not. i am up about every time she coughs and taking her respiratory rate to make sure she isn't having a difficult time breathing. Also I have been doing the treatments every 4 hours, listening to her lungs and sucking her nose out as well. it is scary to be a mom sometimes. And needless to say, I am SO tired!




Even though she isn't feeling good, she still has a cute smile for me.

No comments: