Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lately... (really long post)

It has been awhile since the last post. I don't get the internet much when I am in St. David. We only have BC's internet card and he obviously takes it to work everyday. Anyway I am playing catch up! Here goes...

start it off with me being a really proud mom!!!

We have been working on the alphabet in our house, especially with the boys names. They both know their ABC's and also the letters in their name. They know Porter starts with a 'p' Hunter a 'h' mom a 's' and dad a 'b'. The best part about it is we practice writing their letters and I was so proud they did it all on their own for the first time the other day. Smart little guys!Hunter and his big H!

and the little one.


and here is my porter boy.



they never cease to amaze me. love them.
*****




On the weekend of October 8th we had a family reunion. Every 3 years Brandon's family does a big 3 day reunion. It is the Abel/ Fort/Stratton! We had a good time visiting with and seeing family. The night started off with Amazing Jakes, they rented the whole place out from midnight till 6 am!!!! I was very reluctant on going but i did, and I am glad we went the boys had fun. We only stayed till 330. The next day we were at a church from 1-9. they had games, food, a talent show and lot's of family time. Although we were all tired from the night before it was great to be with family. Every time they always do a big auction of homemade gifts, which is one of my favorite parts. BC made some jerky out of his elk, it was a hit! I think it sold for like 20 bucks a bag. It's such a great idea, all the money made goes to the next reunion. We bought a quilt, some flowers for my hair, and a cute bench! Us at Amazing Jakes!






We were bowling and Hunter decided to run after the ball, um a little slippery bud!



On the carousel and the train!








Nana getting her grove on!


We all loved the race cars!


Porter and I, Ryan and Brig, and Papa C.





Hunter and Dad.


*****

Ashley and her kids came and visited for their October break. My mom jumped in with them and we had a nice visit. We even went to the Reid Zoo in Tucson, post will be coming!


they had fun decorating and eating cupcakes.







oh ports could i ever love that face more.


We let the kids pick a pumpkin from the garden.



Anny's choice.
We also had a picnic at the park, played outside, & went to a few bookstores!
Glad you guys came to visit.

*****

My boys play really well together, most of the time. Lately they have been going outside with all their animals and a few other toys in grocery bags. They sit at their picnic table and play. So cute!

*****
While we have been in St. David we have become close to Brooke and her 2 cute kids. Friday was Carson's 2nd birthday. We headed to Tucson for some Peter Piper Pizza, a good time was had by all!








*****



We have been snackin' on a few of these from the garden. We also have had a lot of fresh tomatoes, I have made some salsa out of them a few times! We are really enjoying our garden, makes me wish we had land like this back at home.


Okay this was funny! The boys and I were just hanging out outside one day, all the sudden I saw these kids run by me. Then I did a double take, they were chasing this cute little pig. We helped those kids for about an hour and a half trying to chase that thing, he was fast! (the boys thought it was great)


Roasted some fresh chili's and made some yummy green chili burros out of them.
*****
We only have about 3 more weeks here in St. David, the church is beautiful and coming along. The carpet is coming next week, BC is excited for that. We are excited to be home for the holidays in our home! Then who knows where life will take us next. Hopefully closer than farther, we shall see!
faith in every foot step, right!
***
stay tuned, still need to blog about:
Apple Annies
Reid Zoo
my weight loss journey ( if you are lucky)
pics of the church
and a bunch of random stuff I missed from the summer.

No comments: