Crazy days with the Cluff Crew...
{I know this is a long post, it is more for journal reasons. If you read nothing else at least read about the day of June 14th. I want to help as many as I can}
Our life has been interesting, fun, scary, busy, and crazy for the past month. I have done a few updates but I am behind. I want everything on this blog for journal purposes so I am slowly but surely getting things rollin.
As most of you know we moved to St. David, AZ for the summer, well prob till October. Life is slower here and we are truly enjoying it. BC has been building an LDS church here since last Jan. I stayed home and finished my last semester of school, meanwhile only seeing our daddy on the weekends. Life was hard, I was tired but of course it was worth it!
Some highlights and unfortunately some low lights of May and June...
-We moved at the end of May.
-I tried my hardest to study while the boys were napping and every night a little before I went to bed. My goal was to at least do 50 questions a night. There were times I was exhausted by the end of the day so 25 it was. Also some nights I got in 100.
{I know this is a long post, it is more for journal reasons. If you read nothing else at least read about the day of June 14th. I want to help as many as I can}Our life has been interesting, fun, scary, busy, and crazy for the past month. I have done a few updates but I am behind. I want everything on this blog for journal purposes so I am slowly but surely getting things rollin.
As most of you know we moved to St. David, AZ for the summer, well prob till October. Life is slower here and we are truly enjoying it. BC has been building an LDS church here since last Jan. I stayed home and finished my last semester of school, meanwhile only seeing our daddy on the weekends. Life was hard, I was tired but of course it was worth it!
Some highlights and unfortunately some low lights of May and June...
-We moved at the end of May.
-I tried my hardest to study while the boys were napping and every night a little before I went to bed. My goal was to at least do 50 questions a night. There were times I was exhausted by the end of the day so 25 it was. Also some nights I got in 100.
-We enjoyed a Saturday with my in-laws in good ol' Thatcher. We had lunch and had the opportunity to go through the Gila Valley temple.
-Memorial Day was SO MUCH fun. My whole fam came down, we had a great time. I will do a full post on that weekend.
-On June 5th BC and I went out for a date night. We went to a movie then ended up at one of my fav restaurant's-Gecko Grill. He ate one bite and felt sick. I was a little confused but he just stated that he wasn't feeling good. The night went on and Sunday he was feeling better. Tuesday came and he came home from work early and was hunched over. He was asking to go to the Doc, I knew something was wrong. I asked him to point to his pain, yes it was localized RLQ. I knew it was his appendix. So off to the hospital we went, I had my boys so he had to walk in himself. He was in a lot of pain and we were waiting for the CT scan to come back. Appendicitis it was, off to Tucson they took him via ambulance. Health care is so much different in a small town, I got into it with the doc. BC was telling me to zip it but I was frustrated they were making him just sit and wait. I am sorry but they are lucky that he didn't perforate! UGH- don't get me started.
Anyways he had surgery that night at 2 am. We were lucky Chris was at the house, I left the boys with him to be with BC for a bit. His mom came to release me and I headed home to be with my boys. He is doing great and even was back to work that Friday.
-Monday the 14th of June was a weird day. Mom Cluff brought Chris down for the week to work. Also Spencer, Cami and Whitney joined. We had a good morning and a nice visit. They left around noon and I put my boys down for bed. They both woke up with low grade fevers, it was so strange! Also they had headaches and were both lethargic. I called BC at work to tell him how weird it was that they were both sick at the same time. He said, "oh shan its just the flu" I said "no brandon they never have gotten sick at the exact same time, I think it is some kind of poison. I later called him back and asked him to come home, they were both just laying on the floor crying. I knew it was something else. We thought about taking them to the ER. Well since the week before we went to Benson hospital for BC, I decided it would be a waste of time and we should just go straight to Tucson. I decided to call the on call nurse for Blue Cross Blue Shield. She too was on BC's side and said it was the flu. I told her no I think it is some kind of poison, like monoxide or lead. She thought I was crazy and asked what would even make you think of that...finally my reply was "I don't know its just my mother instinct." BC heard the conversation and got on the phone with the local fire department. Told him our complaints and asked to come check it out. I decided to go upstairs and bath hunter first then I was going to get porter next. All the sudden I hear sirens, I thought oh my gosh please don't be for us that is so embarrassing. Oh yes it was for us, they came down the dirt road and we were all outside my this point. They came up to their door with the monoxide monitor. The reading was 100% at the front door. He told us to run up the street!!!!!! The house was like 85%...that is so bad. It was totally scary, I had a break down and almost had a panic attack. I had to sit down, while I was still holding a naked baby in a towel. All our vitals were within normal limits and we refused to go to the hospital. The boys had perked up by this time and we sat there for a good hour while they figured it all out. I guess we had some gas leaking, so they shut it off. Also opened all the windows and turned on all the fans. I refused to go back in until it was at 0%. After all the drama we went to walmart to get some Tylenol for the boys and stopped for some dinner. Both the boys threw up in the car then fell asleep. Wow what a night, we also got a carbon monoxide monitor at walmart for like 40 bucks. It is just like a smoke alarm! The fire Chief called us after a couple hours and went to check the house. Everything was reading 0% except one closet was a 2% but he just opened the door and it was back to zero.
How thankful I am to have the holy ghost as a companion. It was the strangest thing for me to think what I was thinking, it didn't make sense and I could have easily just pushed it off as the flu. But I didn't, I didn't give up. I knew it was more than the flu and the Lord gives us mother instincts for a reason. I can't even imagine or want to think about what would of happened if we went to bed that night. All I know is that the Lord is real. He is there for us upon the most difficult times in our lives, how eternally grateful I am.
Moral of the story...
Get a Carbon Monoxide Monitor if you have any kind of gas in your house!!!!! and of course always follow your MOTHER'S INTUITION!!!
-BC and Chris started a huge garden, I am way excited for that.
-Father's Day was a really nice day... I will do a separate post for that.
-Monday June 21st I took the NCLEX-RN exam, it was so hard and I walked out thinking that I totally bombed it. I only took 80 questions and I was so glad when it shut off. You can take anywhere from 75-265. It was so difficult and I probably would of started crying in the middle of it but there was a camera watching me. Man I am so glad that is over! I love being able to say that I am a nurse, what an accomplishment.
-Other than that we have just been hanging out with lots of swimming, trips to McDonald's, & fun times with friends and family. Although our summer has been eventful so far it has been nice being back together as a family!
HAPPY SUMMER!!!!
-Memorial Day was SO MUCH fun. My whole fam came down, we had a great time. I will do a full post on that weekend.
-On June 5th BC and I went out for a date night. We went to a movie then ended up at one of my fav restaurant's-Gecko Grill. He ate one bite and felt sick. I was a little confused but he just stated that he wasn't feeling good. The night went on and Sunday he was feeling better. Tuesday came and he came home from work early and was hunched over. He was asking to go to the Doc, I knew something was wrong. I asked him to point to his pain, yes it was localized RLQ. I knew it was his appendix. So off to the hospital we went, I had my boys so he had to walk in himself. He was in a lot of pain and we were waiting for the CT scan to come back. Appendicitis it was, off to Tucson they took him via ambulance. Health care is so much different in a small town, I got into it with the doc. BC was telling me to zip it but I was frustrated they were making him just sit and wait. I am sorry but they are lucky that he didn't perforate! UGH- don't get me started.
Anyways he had surgery that night at 2 am. We were lucky Chris was at the house, I left the boys with him to be with BC for a bit. His mom came to release me and I headed home to be with my boys. He is doing great and even was back to work that Friday.
-Monday the 14th of June was a weird day. Mom Cluff brought Chris down for the week to work. Also Spencer, Cami and Whitney joined. We had a good morning and a nice visit. They left around noon and I put my boys down for bed. They both woke up with low grade fevers, it was so strange! Also they had headaches and were both lethargic. I called BC at work to tell him how weird it was that they were both sick at the same time. He said, "oh shan its just the flu" I said "no brandon they never have gotten sick at the exact same time, I think it is some kind of poison. I later called him back and asked him to come home, they were both just laying on the floor crying. I knew it was something else. We thought about taking them to the ER. Well since the week before we went to Benson hospital for BC, I decided it would be a waste of time and we should just go straight to Tucson. I decided to call the on call nurse for Blue Cross Blue Shield. She too was on BC's side and said it was the flu. I told her no I think it is some kind of poison, like monoxide or lead. She thought I was crazy and asked what would even make you think of that...finally my reply was "I don't know its just my mother instinct." BC heard the conversation and got on the phone with the local fire department. Told him our complaints and asked to come check it out. I decided to go upstairs and bath hunter first then I was going to get porter next. All the sudden I hear sirens, I thought oh my gosh please don't be for us that is so embarrassing. Oh yes it was for us, they came down the dirt road and we were all outside my this point. They came up to their door with the monoxide monitor. The reading was 100% at the front door. He told us to run up the street!!!!!! The house was like 85%...that is so bad. It was totally scary, I had a break down and almost had a panic attack. I had to sit down, while I was still holding a naked baby in a towel. All our vitals were within normal limits and we refused to go to the hospital. The boys had perked up by this time and we sat there for a good hour while they figured it all out. I guess we had some gas leaking, so they shut it off. Also opened all the windows and turned on all the fans. I refused to go back in until it was at 0%. After all the drama we went to walmart to get some Tylenol for the boys and stopped for some dinner. Both the boys threw up in the car then fell asleep. Wow what a night, we also got a carbon monoxide monitor at walmart for like 40 bucks. It is just like a smoke alarm! The fire Chief called us after a couple hours and went to check the house. Everything was reading 0% except one closet was a 2% but he just opened the door and it was back to zero.
How thankful I am to have the holy ghost as a companion. It was the strangest thing for me to think what I was thinking, it didn't make sense and I could have easily just pushed it off as the flu. But I didn't, I didn't give up. I knew it was more than the flu and the Lord gives us mother instincts for a reason. I can't even imagine or want to think about what would of happened if we went to bed that night. All I know is that the Lord is real. He is there for us upon the most difficult times in our lives, how eternally grateful I am.
Moral of the story...
Get a Carbon Monoxide Monitor if you have any kind of gas in your house!!!!! and of course always follow your MOTHER'S INTUITION!!!
-BC and Chris started a huge garden, I am way excited for that.
-Father's Day was a really nice day... I will do a separate post for that.
-Monday June 21st I took the NCLEX-RN exam, it was so hard and I walked out thinking that I totally bombed it. I only took 80 questions and I was so glad when it shut off. You can take anywhere from 75-265. It was so difficult and I probably would of started crying in the middle of it but there was a camera watching me. Man I am so glad that is over! I love being able to say that I am a nurse, what an accomplishment.
-Other than that we have just been hanging out with lots of swimming, trips to McDonald's, & fun times with friends and family. Although our summer has been eventful so far it has been nice being back together as a family!
HAPPY SUMMER!!!!
2 comments:
Scary day that June 14th... happy outcome, thankfully!
We are driving down this weekend for a week, will you guys be in town for the festivities?! Would love to see you guys.
Wow Shanna that is a lot! That monoxide thing is so scary. Glad everything turned out okay. And congrats again on passing!
Post a Comment