Pinning Ceremony
Mesa Arts Center
May 10, 2010
Class of 2010.
Here is our class of 54, we actually graduated with 52, We took this pic right after our final before we even knew our grade. Unfortunately 2 didn't pass.

I had to be at the Arts Center at 4, we had rehearsal for an hour. Afterwards I met all my family at El Charro for dinner. It was fun and nice to have everyone there. 18 to be exact!
BC and his mom and dad didn't make it in the pic, well and only half of Steph!
Me and the hubs after din.
The pinning was at 7. Here we are on stage, I was in the front row.


Here I am getting pinned! After they pinned us we had to turn and face the audience. I was so emotional, they had an audio playing of my voice that we actually prepared a couple of months ago. It was basically thanking all my wonderful family. Also on a big screen behind me was a family pic.

The candle lighting, and pledge where we nurses promised to give the best competent care.

This is me seeing the boys right after. It was really hard to hold back the tears!
BC was right there waiting for me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. The man is so sweet, I could not have done this without him. I am so lucky to have him as my husband!



And the pictures began...

Casey my good friend, her son Brooks and the boys and I!
Me and Gramps.
Some of the girls. (grams I can see you)
This is my preceptor Darcel, she is wonderful! I am so glad that she was able to make it, she is such an awesome nurse and so much fun. She is also my sis Haylee's mother-in-law.
Just love my lil' fam!
Here is our class of 54, we actually graduated with 52, We took this pic right after our final before we even knew our grade. Unfortunately 2 didn't pass.
I had to be at the Arts Center at 4, we had rehearsal for an hour. Afterwards I met all my family at El Charro for dinner. It was fun and nice to have everyone there. 18 to be exact!
BC and his mom and dad didn't make it in the pic, well and only half of Steph!
Me and the hubs after din.The pinning was at 7. Here we are on stage, I was in the front row.


Here I am getting pinned! After they pinned us we had to turn and face the audience. I was so emotional, they had an audio playing of my voice that we actually prepared a couple of months ago. It was basically thanking all my wonderful family. Also on a big screen behind me was a family pic.
The candle lighting, and pledge where we nurses promised to give the best competent care.
This is me seeing the boys right after. It was really hard to hold back the tears!
BC was right there waiting for me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. The man is so sweet, I could not have done this without him. I am so lucky to have him as my husband!


And the pictures began...

Casey my good friend, her son Brooks and the boys and I!
Me and Gramps.
Some of the girls. (grams I can see you)
This is my preceptor Darcel, she is wonderful! I am so glad that she was able to make it, she is such an awesome nurse and so much fun. She is also my sis Haylee's mother-in-law.
Just love my lil' fam!My heart is so full. This was an amazing night, they made it so special for us. I was so emotional and I just couldn't help it. These past 3 years have been the hardest years of my life but the most rewarding. I started this journey in Jan of 2007, at Phoenix College. I then transferred to MCC for block 2. Over that summer I found out the best news of my life, that I was expecting TWINS!!! I was so excited and would of gave up anything in this world to have a baby and how lucky to get 2!!! I didn't think I would have so many complications but I did. i had to drop out of block 2 to go on bed rest. It was so sad and hard for me, but nothing in this world would keep me from doing what was best for my boys. I sat on the couch for 15 weeks straight with bathroom privileges only and to shower every other day for 10 mins max and I had to sit in the shower. What a hard life, oh yes it was. I was depressed at times but I was dedicated to get those babies here in safety. My dedication didn't end there. I had those babies at 36 wks and they did great for the most part. Ports was in the NICU for 4 days but I was able to bring them both home together. I was dedicated to those babies day and night. I nursed them every 2 hours for the first 4 weeks. I was the hardest thing I have ever done. It wasn't about me, it was about doing what was best for them. I wanted to quit nursing them every other day, I was tired, and felt like a zombie for the first 3 or 4 months. I did it, I breastfed twins for 12 months straight.
So the dedication goes on... I started back to Nursing school with 11 month old twins. Who were both still nursing!!!! I made it work, and even cried for the first week cause I hated leaving them. I knew it was the right thing for me to do. I prayed and prayed that I could make it through. After I was back in school for 3 weeks Porter ended up in the hospital with RSV. I was so stressed, it was the week of my first test. I was already having a hard time cause I had been out of school for over a year. I left my little 11 month old baby and walked across the street from the hospital to MCC. I totally bombed my first test. I was done, I couldn't handle all the pressure. I wanted to quit so bad, but this feeling kept coming over me to endure. I went to talk to my all time fav teacher, Mary. She gave me a huge pep talk. She told me how she knew that I was going to do great and that I needed to stick it out. Then she went on to say that she wouldn't tell me to keep going if she thought I would fail. So afterwards I felt better, I decided to stick it out. Boy how glad I am that I did. I was dedicated to this program, I put forth the best effort that I could. With Brandon working out of town for 1.5 out of the 3 semesters that made it extremely hard. There were so many times where I would find my self in tears just thinking "how can I make it one more day". I was on my knees a lot praying and I know he was there to guide me. When I started this program 3 years ago I made a promise to my Heavenly Father. I promised to read the Book of Mormon every single day, to not study on Sundays, and to do my part. In return I was blessed beyond imagine. I can honestly say that I never missed one day of my reading except when I was in the hospital delivering my twins and I never did any school work on Sundays! It was a huge blessing and sometimes I just didn't even know how I did so well. He was there guiding me everyday. I feel truly blessed.
I had so many supporters along with me during this journey. I had 23 people at my pinning cheering for me. Sometimes I think "why did I get so lucky to have so many people in my life who love and care"!!
I have the best family that helped in so many ways. My mom has been there for me through out this whole process. Starting with me being on bed rest, she was there every week to take care of me. Then of course has been helping with the twins ever since. She has been my best friend and listened to me complain about how hard my life was. She always knew what to say and always reminded me that it wouldn't be this way forever. She spent many days at my house that lasted about 14 hours. She never complained about it and the boys were always well taken care of, even came home to a clean house! Mom thanks for everything, you are the best. We are so lucky to have you!
I love my sisters so much. I feel so grateful to have 3 sisters. Even though they are all 3 in college themselves they always took the time to text me or call me to see how I was doing. Even on my test days they would call to make sure I passed and always wish me good luck. Ashley helped me out a few times when we lived out in JR. She would always tell me yes even when she was busy with her own school. I am so glad to have my sisters, no one truly cares about you more than your own family.
My in-laws have been great! I feel so blessed to have Stephanie around, BC's sister. I feel really close with her and I consider her more a sister and a friend than an in-law. I look up to her, she is the nicest person you will ever meet and treats everyone with respect. She has been so wonderful with my boys, I can see it in her eyes that she truly loves them. She is such a good wife and mom, I try to be more like her. It is so great that our boys are so close in age, they have a lot of fun together. Christy has been great too, the boys love Nana! She is a very busy lady and took time every week to be with my boys. She is the best mother in law you could ask for. I am so glad we are friends!
I have been so blessed in so many ways. My dear husband Brandon, how could I ever tell you how much I love you. You are the best dad in the world. Thank you for always trying your hardest and for being such a hard worker. We make such a good team and I am so grateful to be your wife. That day I came home and thought you hired a maid because the house was spotless, that meant the world to me. You always know what to do to make me happy. I know that it has been so hard for you to be out of town away from your family. It is such a sacrifice on your part to do it so willingly to provide for your family. You never seize to amaze me, you are good at everything you do. I love you dearly and can't wait for us to be together again all week long!
Porter and Hunter, you will not remember this night nor the past 3 years. I want you to know that I do everything in my life with you 2 in my thoughts first. I can't help but want to give you the world. I know that I was suppose to go to school and feel that it will bless our family. I feel so blessed and lucky to be your mother. We had some hard times, but you are both the best little boys to me, and we have grown closer as a family. I am loving spending my time with you. You both make me smile everyday, you are so cute and lovable. Thank you for loving me unconditionally even when I didn't feel like I deserved it. I love you both more than life itself!
Thank you to all my friends and fellow bloggers for the words of encouragement along the way. I was dedicated to different things over these 3 years and now I am going to be a dedicated and caring Nurse! Of course I will be a dedicated mother first and far most for the rest of my life. Nothing will ever take the place of that!
I love you all-
Shanna


12 comments:
Congratulations!!! I am emotional just reading this! I am so happy for you!! You did it...after all this time and heartache, you did it!! You are absolutely amazing and I look up to you so much! I am so happy that this chapter in your life is done and that you can look forward with pride knowing that you conquered nursing school with two babies and all your other responsibiliities. Your boys are so lucky to have you!! Congrats again! Love you!!!
You're the best Shanna. I'm so thankful to have shared this experience with you!
Shanna, can't believe you did that! Congratulations, looks like a fun night. You are super mom and you've accomplished something so great with your nursing degree. What an example.
congratulations! that is awesome
wow congrats to you! i remember when you said you were starting (again)and how hard it was going to be for you! and look at you now! FINISHED, YOU DID IT! super awesome congrats again!
PS see ya soon! YAY!
Man i got a little teary eyed reading this!! you really are an inspiration to all mom's! WAY TO GO!!!!
congratulations! You will be an amazing nurse!!!!
What an amazing night! Congratulations :)
Congrats!
My cousin graduated from nursing school & i was able to attend. her ceremony was identical to yours (I can't remember what school she went to, maybe it was the same)
Anyways, congrats again on the accomplishment!
You brought tears to my eyes as I read your post!! I am sooo happy for you and for returning to school and passing. It gives me strength to know that if I have faith as well I know i can do it too :) you are the GREAT and I have been blessed to have you as a friend for so many years. Congrats!!
Congrats Shanna! You look great!What an acomplishment :)
Congratulations Shanna! I am so happy for you, and I bet you are glad it is finally over! Way to go!!
Post a Comment