Lucy Jane Cluff
born on
April 7, 2014
at 10:25 am
9 lbs 10 oz
20 1/2 inches long.
We waited a long time to finally find out the gender of our baby and it was one of the best moments of my life!!! I had an induction date set up with Dr. Huish for April 6th. I was very reluctant in following through with it. I was just so surprised that the baby hadn't come by then. I tried everything to get baby to come naturally but it wasn't working. I was GBS+ once again and also had gestational diabetes. So the induction was necesarry for preventing a large baby. This was a very hard hard decision for me to be induced and to be honest I didn't want to do it. I didn't want the baby to come unless it was ready to come. But with the potential health risks I ended up going through with it. My mom and dad came over to sleep here with the other kids and Brandon and I headed down to the hospital. We checked in around 9 pm. They took us to the L&D room and we got settled. The nurse asked a lot of questions and then she checked me. I was contracting quite a bit and was dilated to a 5 but wasn't in labor. This all happened finally around midnight. She started my IV and I got my epidural which was a great experience this time. They started some pit and then Brandon and I tried to get some sleep. By the early morning I was at a 7 and Doc H came in to break my water. I progressed pretty fast after but the baby was still pretty high up. Baby's heart rate dropped a few times so they put oxygen on me. We called both our moms around 8 and they came down to be in the room this time. It was a neat experience having them there. I was finally complete around ten and was ready to push but the doc wasn't there so we had to wait. Once he got there I was so ready to get the baby out. It only took about 4 contractions or so and the baby was here. Her little face popped out and she was so chubby and looked just like Emma. Dr H held the baby up to Brandon so he could reveal the gender and Brandon said with tears in his eyes "It's a Girl" It was priceless and I was overcome with joy. I was so emotional and I remember I was shaking. I asked him to look again to make sure it was really a girl! I was shocked and speechless. So happy!! They placed Lucy in my arms and she was beautiful and I was instantly in love. Her birth was amazing and smooth. I pushed so dang hard to just get her here! I was so excited to meet this little baby.
She looked just like Emma!
I was so overwhelmed with joy!! I could not stop crying!! I was hyperventilating a little! EEK!
She looked just like Emma!
I was so overwhelmed with joy!! I could not stop crying!! I was hyperventilating a little! EEK!
Dr. Huish is the best!!
So grateful that our moms were able to be in the room this time. This birth was so exciting and special. And grateful to Christy for capturing all these first moments!!
I stayed in the hospital for 48 hours because of the GBS+. The first day in postpartum was horrible and I didn't have a very good nurse. I felt bad saying anything but I told the night nurse what had happened and she couldn't believe it. She never even assessed me once. The charge nurse was furious and they all kept apologizing to me. I even had the head of the unit come in with a gift to apologize. But the worst part of it all was Lucy's weight! The nurse came in and said that they think the scale was wrong when they first weighed her in the L&D. She was born at 9 lbs 10 oz and they weighed her twice but then in the nursery 12 hours later she was at 8 lbs 9 oz so they didn't think she could have lost that much weight. I was so so sad that I will never know the truth but I had them go back to that same scale it was weighing her the same as the other scales. I personally think that she did weigh that much because she was swollen, full of fluid and had a big bowel movement right after birth. So we are sticking to the 9 lbs 10 oz.
cutest little face!
All ready to head home!!
cutest little face!
All ready to head home!!
Wearing the same outfit that big sister went home in!
I had my easiest recovery with this one and the day it was time to go home I felt great!
Emma ended up being sick when I was in the hospital so when I got home I was quarantined up in my room for 4 days until Emma was fever free. It was nice because it gave time to recover and also spend one on one time with Lucy. Grateful for all the help from my mom, Christy and Brandon during this rough time. I missed Ems like crazy!! And it was so nice to see her again. Love my little family of 6!!!
Emma ended up being sick when I was in the hospital so when I got home I was quarantined up in my room for 4 days until Emma was fever free. It was nice because it gave time to recover and also spend one on one time with Lucy. Grateful for all the help from my mom, Christy and Brandon during this rough time. I missed Ems like crazy!! And it was so nice to see her again. Love my little family of 6!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment